Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of pulling the trigger on a flatline, any issues with this bike?

I know it's a first year model and I hate to by the first year anything but I really want a DH race bike.

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,748 Posts
I got a Flatline 3 and I really like it. I haven't owned the bike long enough to have any issues to speak of... I had a fork failure, but that's Marzocchi's problem. :mad:

You should factor a few things first IMO. What terrain will you be riding, your height, DH or FR suspension set-up (What model are you looking at?) ect. ect.

I'm 6'2" and got a large. If you don't know the specs; my bike came with a 888 and DHX 5.0 in the 9.5 X 3.0 size rear shock. Travel in the rear is a touch over 8 inches. The frame is ubber stiff compared to the RMX/7 bikes. It rails turns as it is low and slack in the forward shock hole. If you put the shock in the middle hole with the size shock I'm running, the BB height gets a little tall at 15.25 with a 67 deg. head angle. :skep: I run the forward hole as it yields a 64.7 deg. head angle and a 14.25 BB height. One of the things that irks me a bit is the 175mm cranks they speced on the bike. I'm already going to upgrade but this size is goofy! My pedals have taken a beating since the bike is so low...

I don't have excessive funds at my disposal currently, but I feel the bike will cost a bit to lighten up. Mine's 46 currently, but I doubt I could get it below 42 without compromising the suspension... So far it is superb if your runs are steep and fast. Flat sections are a bit much though due to my bikes stock weight and geometry. I've taken the bike to Whistler though and it is built to destroy that place. I was really happy to have it there. :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts