Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone please explain to me (in simple, layman's terms) what's the meaning of 36mm or 32mm fox forks? i'm about to get a fox 32 vanilla fork for my 2005 enduro 130, but now i'm wondering how it's gonna affect the geometry and all that. i don't really know a lot about suspension. please enlighten me. thank you for your time.

Attachments

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,823 Posts
the fox 32's have a 32 millimeter diameter stanchion and quick release axle retention system or the new 15qr thru axle system. while the fox 36 have a 36 millimeter stanchion and 20mm thru axles. for that bike the fox 32 would probably be a better match.

·
ZEN RIDER!
950 Posts
36mm is 6.3" of suspension, while the 32mm is 5", unless is the new 15mm thru axle & then its 5.5 i think. Basically the 36 is going to be stiffer & more rigid in the ruff.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
you can probably run a 160mm fork on that, but remember the 36 is a lot more $$ than the 32, not to mention you'll need a new front hub/wheel to accept the 20mm axle.

the 32van is the fork to go with IMO. Oh, and the Dude abides.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
misctwo said:
you can probably run a 160mm fork on that, but remember the 36 is a lot more $$ than the 32, not to mention you'll need a new front hub/wheel to accept the 20mm axle.

the 32van is the fork to go with IMO. Oh, and the Dude abides.
+1 except for the dude part

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey, thanks for all the help, guys.
i ordered my "spiderman" vanilla already, considering the price and all, plus the way i ride.
and i weigh only less then 135lbs, so the 32s would probably be sufficient.
now if i could just find one of those spiderman helmets...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.