Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assuming the different models have similar clearance... mine's a D.I.S.S.
Any estimates would be appreciated.

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,659 Posts
You could perhaps go bigger...

...than 2.5 depending on the maker. I have a BUSS and Chuky has a SISS, both running 2.4 Kendas with room to spare. Do you need mud clearance, or do you live in a dry climate?

JMH

grumpstumper said:

·
Just Ride!
806 Posts
2.5 will fit a SISS

But it will rub when you hammer uphill. I switched to the Kenda 2.4? Kinetics and it was a little better but it still rub when I hammer. Then again I do weigh 200lbs. Oh yeah, SISS R.I.P:( I cracked the chainstay............

I just have to post..........

grumpstumper said:

·
stop...safety first
257 Posts
Pigtire said:
But it will rub when you hammer uphill. I switched to the Kenda 2.4? Kinetics and it was a little better but it still rub when I hammer. Then again I do weigh 200lbs. Oh yeah, SISS R.I.P:( I cracked the chainstay............

I just have to post..........
Shiny Time!
When my SISS chain stay broke I got a SASS. from primer grey to chrome. But that's better than another SISS that will soon RIP. At least Bianchi is good on their warranty.
I can only run the 2.5 WTBweirwolf but not the 2.5 Panaracer fire. If you're buying sight-unseen I would not go bigger than 2.4.
for what its worth.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

Awesome, thanks! Now I just have to find the lowest rolling resistance, lightest, 2.4 or 2.5 tire. I'd like to find something like a Hutchinson Python Airlight, but big like a 2.4 or 2.5. Any thoughts?

·
Just Ride!
806 Posts
TubeSSnapper said:
Shiny Time!
When my SISS chain stay broke I got a SASS. from primer grey to chrome. But that's better than another SISS that will soon RIP. At least Bianchi is good on their warranty.
I can only run the 2.5 WTBweirwolf but not the 2.5 Panaracer fire. If you're buying sight-unseen I would not go bigger than 2.4.
for what its worth.
But I just loved that industrial battleship grey color.:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
WTB MuntanoRaptor 2.4

I too, have a DISS. I run the WTB MuntanoRaptor 2.4 Race tire, it has plenty of room to spare at the seat/ chain stays. The tire is ultra grippy on about everything I've ridden, I have not found any trail condition where it did not work. The weight of the tire is around 590 grams, which is light for a 2.4 tire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts