Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at two different bikes with two different shocks and i'm not sure which one is the better of the deals when just comparing the front shock. On one bike it has (RockShox TORA 302 Long travel with U-turn Adjustable travel 85-130MM Turnkey Lockout.) and the other comes with the (RockShox TORA RS318 with REMOTE LOCKOUT, 100mm travel, Adjustable Rebound, SoloAir.) Also would like to know what's more suited for myself? I'm 6 foot /235lbs. most of my activities will be cross country and inner city/off curbs kind of cycling. I would appreciate anyone's help or opinion. THANKS

·
ay Diablo!
612 Posts
The 302 with uturn is a coil shock and you will need a stiffer spring for your weight. While the 318 is air and you can just add more air to adjust spring rate for your weight and riding style.
Also the 318 as motion control damping, which is much nicer damping then the damping in the 302.

Bunk

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
everything about the 318 air is better.. its almost a pound lighter, much much better dampening, more adjustable, will actually work for a rider whos not a toothpick, etc.

the 318 air will actually extend out to 130mm just like the 302.. you just have to shuffle spacers around.

·
Registered
536 Posts
318's the better fork overall. It's a bit less adjustable on the trail than the 302 as it requires disassembly to change travel, but it's lighter, more tunable overall, has better damping and doesn't require a new spring immediately.

The 302 will need a Black spring installed for you, the stock red spring is too light for your weight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.