Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Niterider Moab got pretty crappy reviews here on MTBR, but the Light&Motion ARC Li-on Ultra seems to be well received.

Would 1 helmet mounted L&M ARC Ultra be sufficient for riding at close to full speed on otherwise pitch black trails?

Is it better to have a set on the handle-bars and one on the helmet? My budget limit is 500, but i'd rather not blow all of it if it's not necessary.

Last question, does the helmet-mounted light make it incredibly hot for the rider? I imagine it throws off some heat??!! I would hate to be overheating from my super-expensive helmet light...

Thanks

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I don't see why the moab gets trashed. I like it and bought it when it first came out and since have used it for 6 races without a whimper. I plan on keeping it for '07 but will get one of those little MiNewts as a second light. The helmet mount doesn't throw heat on my head either. I have tried the bar mount but it sure makes the cockpit very dark and I can't see my speedo, or look behind or around the bike especially when you hear things in the night, like bears and elk. To keep the weight down I don't use both a helmet and a bar lighting system. One throws enough light for the trail. I even strap it to my dirt bike helmet for those sorts of adventures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.