Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter trip, not summer.

trying to keep drive time to a minimum and trying to avoid i-5 and i-15 north

that being said. whats the scoop on Arizona?

Tucson area, Phoenix area, Northern Az?

Have camper will travel.

Opinions?

·
Registered
186 Posts
AZ forum

Did you post in the AZ forum? I took a trip to Phoenix during Thanksgiving weekend. I got a chance to ride some of the SoMo trails and Goat Camp. Really, great riding...if you like some of the rocky, techy stuff :thumbsup:

The locals are pretty well organized and guided me around. I plan to head back up this winter or spring, too. I've heard there are some great trails in Sedona and Prescott...haven't been to Tucson, either.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We spent thanksgiving in Sedona. There is definitely 2 full days of riding that can be done over there. My plan was to ride at south mountain on the way up there but did not happen. Certainly worth riding in Sedona

David

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Second Sedona

The weather channell said the temps are in the 50s during the day even 60 if you get lucky. Fun place great rides, great food, funky hippies and killer views. I'd say 3 days of riding are easily found if you weak like me. I have 2 18 mile rides I like to do when I go there, the third day is just frosting.

·
Crop Dusting Magistrate
610 Posts
Phoenix = South Mountain rocky goodness.
Tucson = 50 Year Trail..couple more too.
Sedona = 2 days worth of Red Rocks.
Flag = Snowed in.

...also head a bit NW and hit up Bootleg Canyon for both XC and some good DH stuff.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Phoenix advice - coming tomorrow 1/6/09

hi, I love technical singletrack - been in Sedona for a week - coming to ride in Phoenix for a few days at least. Scared of big cities - advice on where to stay (inexpensive motel), good bike shop with good advice, where to ride first, second, ...
- all much appreciated!
thanks,
-Bob

·
GONE
27,476 Posts
Ride South mountain, South of Phoenix off interstate 10. Lots of rocky technical singletrack to climb and drop down into. For speed, take the Desert Classic. It flows along the Eastern base of the South Mountain, twisting and turning in and out of gullys and flood ditches with some tech sections thrown in for good measure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.