29er Pilot
101 Posts
The Best Rim??...

Whats the best gun? :
The one you have in your hand

Whats the best Bullet? :
The one you have in the gun

All things being equal...

I would say the one you have on your bike.

JK

Most likely the one you can afford..ride it till it breaks dude.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I like the Bonty race lite 29". Kinda pricey though, wouldn't have got it if I could not have EP'd it.

·
rider
807 Posts
I like my Bonti Mustang Disc Tubeless (not running tubless though) rims w/ King hubs. Super sweet and hanging tough with my 200 lbs.

·
Registered
346 Posts
TeamSwami.com said:
I like my Bonti Mustang Disc Tubeless (not running tubless though) rims w/ King hubs. Super sweet and hanging tough with my 200 lbs.
I am running the mustang with Stan's liners on xtr hubs built by Dave thomas of speeddream wheels

Soooo sweet! Fast light and tough. bead well to tubeless once you ream the valve hole out wider

·
Registered
323 Posts
My 2 cent....WTB

Tdiddy said:
Which 29" rim should I buy? Basically for all around trail riding on an OX Ti Frame.
Personally I ride WTB dual sport rim...I've been very happy with and it's taken all I can give it. I built up on WTB hubs which were nice cause they have the wide flanges to help shorten the spoke length on the big 29er wheels a bit.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Rims is rims. Its all about the build!

Get the wheel built well and you'll be rollin' for a good long time. Have a poorly built wheel, no matter what the components are and it'll fold just after your second helping of nachos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts