Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
never ender
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, northern brethren. I might do an impromptu road trip from San Francisco to Bainbridge Island this week, and I was wondering if there were any spots along the way (I-5, natch) that I might camp or ride. I'm no stranger to snow and ice, so as long as a trail is technically open, I can probably swing it. Looks like most of southern Oregon is socked in, but there's gotta be something else up there, right?

Thanks for any help.

·
Wierdo
3,183 Posts
Weather can be a little of everything. Typically this time of year we see clouds, on and off rain showers and temps that can range from the upper 30's to around 50. Yesterday and today were sunny - later this week it will be raining again. To ride around here you need to dress in layers, bring rain gear to wear over the top (and over your riding shoes) and expect to get a little muddy (or a lot, depending on where you ride and how much it's been raining). Those of us who don't trade our bikes for snoboards in the winter enjoy year-round riding in these parts.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Best winter riding spots are AnacortesCommunityForestLands, Green Mountain, Fort Ebey/Kettles, Moran State Park in Washington State. With all the drainage work i saw this year from FOCF i have to add Capitol Forest to the list and assume it's vastly improved in winter riding.

There's plenty of good riding around the greater Seattle area, and if it's been relatively dry for a few days the options are really good as more and more riding spots drain out, some quicker than others...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.