Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where to go next???

I've had a Raleigh XXIX SS for about a year now - I never expected to love this thing as much as I do... I never thought about SS - actually, I might have been afraid I didn't have what it takes to ride a SS....

I bought the XXIX as an experiment - an experiment into SS, and an experiment into the world is 29ers - but I figured I could use for around town commuting, so nothing lost if it didn't work out for me...

Little did I know that I would fall in love with this thing - with SS, with 29" wheels....

So here I am, a year later, and I am thinking maybe it's time to think about what's next.... I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of the XXIX... but maybe I want to add something new to the stable.... and I'd like to race on 29er SS at Sea Otter this year

- maybe a Niner one9 with susp fork...
- maybe a Sir9 - but I have the XXIX... steel bike with susp fork???
- Ti 29er? Voodoo Zaka? with Susp?

I'm kinda leaning toward the One9 with Reba 20mm TA fork - this seems to me to be something different, then I can enjoy the XXIX and this new bike - each having their place and purpose....

What do you guys think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.