Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bike Hoor
675 Posts
Only change we KNOW of at this time is a new DH machine. Otherwise, things seem to be hush hush. I also know that Yeti has decided to skip Interbike this year and has invited dealers to come to Colorado to ride the new 2005 bike(s) on Sept. 26. We can't make it as we have an previous at Mt St Anne on 9/18, so the timing doesn't work for us. Next year we hope to make it if they decide to do this again.

We hope to know more next month as to what is new for 05, but until then, that's as much as we know.

<prayer mode ON> Please let us have a 6" version of the 575 with a coil-over rear shock <prayer mode OFF>

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Innocent Bystander said:
Only change we KNOW of at this time is a new DH machine. Otherwise, things seem to be hush hush. I also know that Yeti has decided to skip Interbike this year and has invited dealers to come to Colorado to ride the new 2005 bike(s) on Sept. 26. We can't make it as we have an previous at Mt St Anne on 9/18, so the timing doesn't work for us. Next year we hope to make it if they decide to do this again.

We hope to know more next month as to what is new for 05, but until then, that's as much as we know.

<prayer mode ON> Please let us have a 6" version of the 575 with a coil-over rear shock <prayer mode OFF>
Yeah, the 575 was a great success for Yeti. I have heard only good things thus far about that bike. Apart from increasing the suspension to 6" and having a coil over option, is there anything else that can be improved on the 575?

Isn't the suspension enough?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Gungadin said:
Yeah, the 575 was a great success for Yeti. I have heard only good things thus far about that bike. Apart from increasing the suspension to 6" and having a coil over option, is there anything else that can be improved on the 575?

Isn't the suspension enough?
Also two versions of the ASR-SL, the SL and the SL carbon with carbon chainstays.

·
Bike Hoor
675 Posts
I am not sure on the dropouts, I can email Seth though and try to get an answer for you.

My thoughts on the 575 and going to a coil over is that they can take that design and have a VERY venerable bike for that crowd that wants something that can go just a bit bigger. I love, and I mean LOVE the 575.. but I don't think I would put it in the same category as, say, the Heckler.. or other heavier duty trail bikes.

Otherwise, there is not much on the 575 I think needs to be changed. A few details here and there, but I think they have been working on them right along as production moves along. They are a great company in that way. Their limited number production runs allow them to make changes in the flow of production without getting too many frames out the door with something they may change along the way.

We will keep you posted as we know more.

·
shaved yeti
430 Posts
yes on the horizontal dropouts

Scotian Lotion said:
Will they have Horizontal dropout replacements for the DJ available soon?

I emailed them about it a month ago, and no response.
Yeti does have DJ dropout replacements. I got in a couple sets back in June.

As for Yeti Camp, I will be there and will update you folks with pics and the like. As far as I can tell there is a new ARC carbon post; don't know if the ASR with the carbon stays is coming out this year or not... The DH is still prototype and won't be available till spring. I know the prototype doesn't have a monocoque front end, but the production models will.

·
Registered
513 Posts
bonkey said:

As for Yeti Camp, I will be there and will update you folks with pics and the like. As far as I can tell there is a new ARC carbon post; don't know if the ASR with the carbon stays is coming out this year or not... The DH is still prototype and won't be available till spring. I know the prototype doesn't have a monocoque front end, but the production models will.
UK Yeti dealers already have the prices for the ASR-SL Carbon. There also seems to be another new frame on www.yetifan.com

·
Registered
116 Posts
Road Project?

Does anyone know if they will be reviving the Road Project any time soon? I know they had a prototype with carbon rear stays that never made it to production.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
bonkey said:

HORIZONTAL dropouts, not vertical. I emailed Craig at Yeti a couple of weeks ago and he said maybe Nov/Dec.

·
www.yetifan.com
722 Posts
I am meeting up with Chris and Mike from Yeti this weekend at the UK Tribemeet, hope to get some news on 05, but thats not what I'm after really.

But as with 03 & 04 models, I should get as early pics as anybody, I even beat Interbike last year.................

www.yetifan.com - done for the love of it- no other reason!

Andrew

·
Registered
88 Posts
Andrew...

Just wanted to take a second and say Yetifan is incredible!!! Thanks so much for the site!

The new stuff is great and the old stuff brings back such wonderful memories!

Thanks again!

:D :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts