Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my Large 2004 Palomino XX. fully stock (new drivetrain/tires/grips) and my fox fork has just returned from fox with new seals/oil and upgraded guts.

its in excellent conditon with a tiny bit of paint rubbing where my heels hit the seat stays.
whats it worth in the market now?

thank.s
[email protected]

·
Registered
303 Posts
paddlerx said:
I'm selling my Large 2004 Palomino XX. fully stock (new drivetrain/tires/grips) and my fox fork has just returned from fox with new seals/oil and upgraded guts.

its in excellent conditon with a tiny bit of paint rubbing where my heels hit the seat stays.
whats it worth in the market now?

thank.s
[email protected]
I'd say less than 50% of retail because of two things. Firstly, it's 2 model years old. Secondly, it's now an obsolete frame as Klein is not producing them anymore for 2006. Also because of that, interest might be waning and many people have started to associate modern day Klein as being cheaped out to meet lower price points. (Although I don't want to believe it myself =) ) So, since retail was about 4000, i'd say less than 2000.

What size is it by the way?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

synkronized23 said:
I'd say less than 50% of retail because of two things. Firstly, it's 2 model years old. Secondly, it's now an obsolete frame as Klein is not producing them anymore for 2006. Also because of that, interest might be waning and many people have started to associate modern day Klein as being cheaped out to meet lower price points. (Although I don't want to believe it myself =) ) So, since retail was about 4000, i'd say less than 2000.

thanks for the information. next question. best location/website to sell it on?

Its a size Large, fits me fine, i'm 5' 10 with a bit longer torso then legs. its got a 120mm +6 bontrager xxx stem on in (not the carbon one though).

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Without seeing it

synkronized23 said:
So, since retail was about 4000, i'd say less than 2000.

Without seeing it, I'd say 1500 hunnies. Never ridden, about $2000 maybe.

Frame alone, $300-500. Clean XTR groupo, $500 max. Wheelset, $200. Fork, $200?
Seat post, saddle, handlebars, stem, $50-100?

Ooo, I say polish those XTR cranks with a Dremel tool. I just saw some polished ones here on MTBR. NIIICCE!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.