Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode Wilder Ranch in Santa Cruz this weekend, and my shocks started "clicking" on every compression now. It's a very metallic click, but is obviously coming from the shock itself, probably on one side. Seems to be working fine, but it is a bit alarming and annoying.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this and what I need to do to fix it?

2004 Gary Fisher HKEK (hard tail), stock Rock Shox Pilot SL

Thanks!

·
Stabbitha
140 Posts
AlexTG said:
Rode Wilder Ranch in Santa Cruz this weekend, and my shocks started "clicking" on every compression now. It's a very metallic click, but is obviously coming from the shock itself, probably on one side. Seems to be working fine, but it is a bit alarming and annoying.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this and what I need to do to fix it?

2004 Gary Fisher HKEK (hard tail), stock Rock Shox Pilot SL

Thanks!
I've noticed if you run a really high air pressure for thats system it tends to get spring rattle. How much air do you have in there?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flow 559 said:
I've noticed if you run a really high air pressure for thats system it tends to get spring rattle. How much air do you have in there?
Honestly, I don't know. I don't think they have more than 20lbs, if that at this point. I'll check it out after work... Thanks muchos for the tip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.