Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, besides “whatever someone would give you” what is my old Cannodale super v 3000 worth? It is a 93 vintage, full XTR (pre v brake) bike. First generation shimano clipless pedals, and a syncros titanium seatpost. The chain and sprockets are pretty much shot, the rear rim is trash and the leather is gone from the original flite saddle, but the rest of the bike is fully functional. I was thinking of retrofitting a lefty to the front, but the lbs wanted way too much for the parts. And I don’t really need a spare bike.

Attachments

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,758 Posts
Maybe $350

Those frames are a dime a dozen and with all the work needed to get it in tip top shape I wouldn't expect much. You'd probably be better off selling the XTR parts seperatly and giving the frame and fork away.

·
Registered
779 Posts
i agree that its not worth too much. it should be parted out if you want to sell it but you certainly could get a descent but not great price for the frame and fork too though.

·
Registered
374 Posts
fredrick flintstone said:
Hey guys, besides "whatever someone would give you" what is my old Cannodale super v 3000 worth? It is a 93 vintage, full XTR (pre v brake) bike. First generation shimano clipless pedals, and a syncros titanium seatpost. The chain and sprockets are pretty much shot, the rear rim is trash and the leather is gone from the original flite saddle, but the rest of the bike is fully functional. I was thinking of retrofitting a lefty to the front, but the lbs wanted way too much for the parts. And I don't really need a spare bike.
THAT is a fun bike to beat around on. Makes the girlies wanna scream too. The last frame I saw sell locally (ca) went for 300.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

thanks for the imput guys, I think it will stay shed art for a while, I have a straight rim I can lace on the rear when I get a chance, I will take off the clipless pedals and keep it for a loaner.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
fredrick flintstone said:
thanks for the imput guys, I think it will stay shed art for a while, I have a straight rim I can lace on the rear when I get a chance, I will take off the clipless pedals and keep it for a loaner.
That's often the best use. Used bikes rarely sell for anything close to what they cost new.

·
President, CEO of Earth
1,001 Posts
Update the frame

tl1 said:
I always thought those frames looked like "girl's" "step through" frames. :)
You could probably find a buyer for the frame for a couple hun' and get and get a more modern frame for guests (or for your beater bike).

BTW, hows the ride of your new bike compared to the old super v? I'm guessing its nite and day, but I havn't ridden the titus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.