Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounding like the Capital One commercial, just like to know if riders carry anything unsual in their pack. I was just cleaning mine out and it was all the usual suspects: pump,repair kit, tube, zip ties, two power bars, and some money.

·
Registered
320 Posts
water

·
Registered
500 Posts
spare tube, patch kit, pump, tire spoons, 100oz of water, chain tool, powerlink, allen wrenches, screwdriver.. I put a bunch of food in it before I go riding....

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Other than refreshing beverage, leatherman, multi tool, chain tool, SRAM power link, pump, 2 tubes, spare tire levers, patches, first aid kit, duct tape, zip ties, rain jacket, 2 spare SPD cleats and hardware, and a flash light. I'll be damned if I am ever gonna walk
10+ miles out of the woods back to my car ever again!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Tube, Powerlink, Park mini chain tool, metal tire levers, couple condoms, CO2, CO2 pump, water, sidewall repair kit.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
LarryFahn said:
..... couple condoms ......
For those just such occasions when you run into a "trail bunny" and just HAVE to get it on, right?

Or is there some reason like fixing something on your BIKE that these come in handy?

As for mine - allen keys 2.5 - 6 mm, tire pressure gauge, presta/schrader adaptor, Wrench Force multi tool with levers, zip ties, shock pump, first aid kit, some money and eload. Got a spare tube hanging off the back of my Lobo and the tube pump is on the frame. Sometimes my digicam is in there, too. Oh i'm soooooo glad I got this thing!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
AndrewTO said:
For those just such occasions when you run into a "trail bunny" and just HAVE to get it on, right?

Or is there some reason like fixing something on your BIKE that these come in handy?

As for mine - allen keys 2.5 - 6 mm, tire pressure gauge, presta/schrader adaptor, Wrench Force multi tool with levers, zip ties, shock pump, first aid kit, some money and eload. Got a spare tube hanging off the back of my Lobo and the tube pump is on the frame. Sometimes my digicam is in there, too. Oh i'm soooooo glad I got this thing!!!!!!!!
Sometimes a sheep might run across the trail or something... But the KY works as good chain lube! :D Nah, Just seeing who's payin' attention.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
TP, duct tape, multitool, pump, spare tube, wallet, cell phone if I'm riding alone, spoke key, water, patch kit , rain jacket- that's about it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
oh yeah I forgot a couple things... I carry a spare derailleur hanger, and a spoke key, and cash...

so the whole list is spare tube, patch kit, pump, 3 tire spoons, 100oz of water, chain tool, powerlink, allen wrenches, screwdriver, derailleur hanger, and a spoke key...

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
OK although this is a legit question that helps a lot of newer riders out as do the dozens of other frequently asked questions, doesn't everyone think it;s time for a seperate forum to hold these sort of FAQ's so it's doesn't get asked again and again and is easily referenced.

I'll start with a few I've seen a good many times.......

What Tools do you carry?
What's in your camelback?
How do you clean your camelback / resevoir?
What Med Kit do you carry / What do you carry in your Med Kit?
Is it possible to use a SRAM Powerlink on Shimano chains?
How do you fix a broken chain?
Any advice on installing a Fork?

That's just a couple and they are more, but it gets the ball rolling.

Oh yeh and what do I carry in my CB M.U.L.E? Well I'l list what I take if it's a long ride and then it gets paired down for shorter stuff.
-3 litres of water
-TOPEAK Turbo Morph pump
-Shock Pump
-Cell Phone
-Small fold up rain jacket
-Swizz army knife
-Cable ties, different lengths and sizes
-Med Kit; plasters, elastic bandages, gauze, cooton wool, antihistamine, pain killers, TCP cream, rollaids, fresh nap wipes.
-Food ; bananas, oatmeal cookies, cereal bars, GU,
-TP

·
Registered
391 Posts
What size is that thing if that is all you can fit in your camelback.
I'll leave out comments about the size of your saddle.

I carry 2 panty liners in my first aid kit. My wife who is a nurse suggested them as a good cover for a large wound. I've never used them to cover a wound but had to replace them twice.
A side from the first aid kit I carry , tube, water, Crank Bros mulitool , pump and CO2. cell phone and GPS. I figure if I fell and can't get up it would be handy to tell them where I am.
15' of 1/4" nylon rope and small roll of duct tape. Have used them all
Chris

·
Registered
57 Posts
one 45 caliber automatic, two boxes of ammunition, four days concentrated emergency rations, one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills, one miniature combination Rooshan phrase book and Bible, one hundred dollars in rubles, one hundred dollars in gold, nine packs of chewing gum, one issue of prophylactics, three lipsticks, three pair of nylon stockings

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
DoktorNo said:
one 45 caliber automatic, two boxes of ammunition, four days concentrated emergency rations, one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills, one miniature combination Rooshan phrase book and Bible, one hundred dollars in rubles, one hundred dollars in gold, nine packs of chewing gum, one issue of prophylactics, three lipsticks, three pair of nylon stockings
At first I thought, wft, but then I checked your profile. Houston. It all makes sense, in fact that seems like a very rational load for Texas.

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
DoktorNo said:
Shoot, a feller could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts