Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got allot of great responses from the last time i posted a thread like this, so lay it on me! i'm more interested in componentry trends & the little touches that just say "just right" then 7"x7" dualie 29ers will rule the world! kinda stuff.........whatchu got/whatchu want? steve.

·
Administrator
11,800 Posts
classic gorgeous bikes with special detail touches and clean flowing lines but you kinda got that covered already.

edit:
englehardt said:
Fat tire bikes. You get two bikes for the price of one. With two wheelsets you can ride the bike as a 29er, fat front, or as a fat tire bike.
this too with what I said above. I would buy one...someday.

·
Team Awesome
991 Posts
As someone who lives in a wet climate, I think that press-in BB bearings are sweet. My next bike, custom or not, will have either BB30 or the shimano bb standard bb shell.

I also think that handmade bikes from AZ will be hot in '09. Especially ones with sweet custom spectrum paint.

·
Front Range Cyclist
944 Posts
BB30 Bottom Brackets. EDGE Carbon tubing. Bikes you can travel with (I've spent alot of time on my Ritchey Breakaway and probably my favorite bike in 20 years). Soft tails. And last....I think Aermet will make a comeback in recumbent 29er freeride bike arena. :)

I'm playing with some designs for a bike I'm having built this Winter. So look forward to see if I'm missing anything.

·
is buachail foighneach me
6,589 Posts
Englehardt said:
Fat tire bikes. You get two bikes for the price of one. With two wheelsets you can ride the bike as a 29er, fat front, or as a fat tire bike.
i agree. versatility is the name of the game. i also would like to think 29" wheel chainstays are gonna be getting shorter. widening the bb a little bit would easily allow for significantly shorter c-stays.

my kooky desire: elevated stays. bring em back. do it!

·
is buachail foighneach me
6,589 Posts
make a setup like mikesee's latest snoots, only, instead of cooking gas in the fork tubes, you could have uncarbonated beer, and instead of cooking gas in the top tube, pressurized co2, connected via hose to the fork legs. tap on the bottom right side fork leg. presto blammo. beer bike.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
29ers with large tire clearance? :) (Like a 2.7?)

I'd actually like to try a rigid 29er with a 1.5" headset (no tapered tubes!) and a 15mm or 20mm ta fork ends. :D Now that would be some fancy steering precision. And nice and burly.

·
Registered
210 Posts
how 'bout

I was thinking a 120 rear spacing, fixed gear cross bike with a disc front fork and swoopy tubes and stiff and burly and...and...I would if I wasn't 15 grand in medical debt, seriously want one of your bikes!!!
Otherwise I agree with more tire clearance, post mount rear brakes like turner/salsa, and those super buttery shaped tubes and killer paint jobs, keep it up man!!!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
wookieone said:
I was thinking a 120 rear spacing, fixed gear cross bike with a disc front fork and swoopy tubes and stiff and burly and...and...I would if I wasn't 15 grand in medical debt, seriously want one of your bikes!!!
Otherwise I agree with more tire clearance, post mount rear brakes like turner/salsa, and those super buttery shaped tubes and killer paint jobs, keep it up man!!!
I think bikes direct already has a cross bike like that (though you might need a different fork to do a front disc brake.)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.