Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first post here. I am finally getting back into biking after a very long time off. Was a big mountain biker in the mid 90's, then the last 10+ years got married, had a two awesome kids, started my own business, etc...Stopped biking :(

Now the last year or so I got back into exercising, started lifted weights again 3 days a week, and jogging, but I hate running. So I dusted off my old 1994 Trek-8000 that needed an overhaul, went to the local bike shop in Lombard, IL. and didn't expect to leave with a brand new bike :) Picked up a 2010 Gary Fisher Mamba on super sale to make room for the new models.

Anyways...to my point. When I biked, it was always in and around Swallow cliff and Maple Lake areas, which are located southwest of Chicago. But now I live in the western burbs, and that is a bit far to drive too for every day biking, maybe just once a week or so, but is there any thing good like that in the western burbs ? My business is in Elk Grove Village, how is that Busse Woods for biking ?

Thank you

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hello, Busse is good for paved riding. Any singletrack there is illegal. For more info go to CAMBr.org.

·
Registered
348 Posts
we have 15 or so miles of singletrack in Portage, Indiana. Check out the website http://www.outbacktrail.org We have group rides in the Summer on Wednesday nights and started doing night rides on Friday nights for those with lights. Easy to advanced trail.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

MK

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. That area in Naperville is pretty close to Lombard, will check that out. I love the Palos area #1, Swallow Cliff and Mape Lake, were awesome when I rode them back in the mid 90's, not sure how they are today. But that would just be for a weekend trip.

·
Outback Trail Commission
80 Posts

·
SSlow rider
319 Posts
steelworx said:
Once spring thaw is over with and the rains stop and things dry out a good bit...
this is a good point. All our trails are soaked right now. In fact KK is pretty rutted up already. :mad: It'll take some time for them to be rideable without causing further damage.

See if you can keep an eye out for trail workdays. Maybe you can come out & help us work on the trails soon, it'd be appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.