Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Turn off the TV
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The faminly is planning a vacation in Ashland this summer and while the rest of the family is off to the Theatre I'd like to be off riding. My skill level is somewhat advanced agressive cross country. Havent jumped anything over 4' and probably won't as I'll be alone but somthing with options would be great. I'll be riding my Ibis Mojo. If you have any suggestions that would be most excellent. Thanks:)

·
Registered
308 Posts
From the theatre just ride straight up. When you get to any intersection just go up the steepest choice. Soon you'll be heading up a fireroad. If you keep going up in 2 to 3 hours you're at 6,400 ft. Continue to ride up to the right from the ski area lot on the road a little over a mile to the road to the top of mt A once on that road take the first left and follow the trail. .

Its worth the ride up cuz its bomb ST most of the way back to town if you ask around.

Enjoy

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
IMO, it's also worth a drive up to the Fish Lake/High Lakes/Brown Moutain area. Makes a great loop, and stupendous out and back without quite closing the loop.

The High Lakes Trail is more like a gravel sidewalk than a trail, but it goes through an ultra-cool lava formation.

Applegate is a fun loop around a reservoir, but has a fair amount of side hill right next to the edge. Kinda weird riding it in the fall. Some places the drop is every bit of 30 feet to the "lake bottom".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.