Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some measurements on my Enduro SL pro carbon 2008, on my rear shock to be more precise, and somehow my airshock is alot smaller than it should be!?

This is what the manual says:

This is what I measure on my bike:

To sum it up:

Manual says: Eye to eye:222.5mm (8.75") Shock Stroke 63.5mm (2.5")

My shock is: Eye to eye:198.0mm (7.8") Shock Stroke 53.0mm (2.09")

The shock is not compressed in any way! What gives? Why is my shock so small? Is the shock faulty? Can someone help me out? :skep: :confused: :mad:

·
Registered
108 Posts
its time to send it away for service i guess:]

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
Sounds like air has bypassed the seal into the negative chamber. Try rebuilding with a new air sleeve kit.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Some of the early manuals had a misprint, the AFR Enduro shock has an eye to eye of 200mm +/- 2mm

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh ok, so my shock is actually pretty much within the limits then. Didnt know about the misprints.

So that leaves me with an other question; does one woid the warranty by installing a "true" 222mm x 63mm shock? (like, say, a DHX air)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Your dealer is able to help you with questions and concerns in regards to your warranty. The AFR is a great shock, if you are noticing a loss in performance this would indicate a full service is needed.

·
Registered
749 Posts
And why not a 200mm x 57mm DHX Air ? More travel ? I think the geo would suffer !?
I agree with Speedball. I tried this shock in another bike and WOW!!! Blew my away. I am short in $$$ but once I have some spare cash I am buying it......

Nothing wrong witht he AFR but gotta say, DHX5 Air is just amazing, feels plusher than my DHX5 Coil in my DH rig!!!! (Nah, just exagerating) But I was very impressed with this air shock.

BTW, you can go big with 200mm x 57mm too.....

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
V.P. said:
so does anyone know if an eye to eye:222.5mm (8.75") shock would fit?
Sure, you could probably cram it in there, but it'll completely screw the geometry and feel of the bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts