Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a plan to ride this weekend? I don't want something heavy, I'm thinking on going maybe on sunday to SNT, get to La Virgen, up and do '3 Caidas' and back or something. I'm in a lousy condition, so I advice that I might walk part of the climb to 'La Virgen'. I also want to go to 'Expo bici', but probably on saturda, I don't know yet...

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
I'm doing Expobici on Saturday too. Along with Mini Warp.

As for riding, I dunno. I'm in a lousy condition too, but want to ride until puking from the effort. I really need a good nice ride to shake off some stress and go back to my crappy shape ASAP.

First I need to get my front wheel repaired.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I'm probably going to SNT, haven´t decide on Saturday or Sunday yet. Is expobici worthwhile, not planning on buying anything soon other than a bike stand (it this the name? the thing where you put your bike for repairs) an some wheels... well maybe some jerseys as well. Could you find good prices there for these Items? what is the entrance fee? too much questions:confused: :confused:

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
ritopc said:
I'm probably going to SNT, haven´t decide on Saturday or Sunday yet. Is expobici worthwhile, not planning on buying anything soon other than a bike stand (it this the name? the thing where you put your bike for repairs) an some wheels... well maybe some jerseys as well. Could you find good prices there for these Items? what is the entrance fee? too much questions:confused: :confused:
I ignore the entrance fee... last years was like 150 pesos? I can't remember.

Consider the Expo-Bici some place to hang around and lose some time. The fee expositors have to pay is rather high and they don't offer any good discounts.

Maybe on bikes, but not on components (which is what we're after).

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
150 pesos? DANG thats a steal...

Expocan was like 70 pesos and sure beats the crap out of Expobici, but, whatever.

I'm thinking of going to Expobici on Friday or Saturday and maybe to SNT on a Sunday.

·
Me hates pinchflat
2,415 Posts
tacubaya said:
Hmm I just remember I'm gonna be away this weekend, so maybe I'll pass the Expobici.. damn, tooooooooo expensive (unless there is some "free" stuff and riding involved...)
I went last year and it was 70 pesos

·
Me hates pinchflat
2,415 Posts
ritopc said:
Yup way expensive IMO. Will save the money for beer and nachos:D

Anyways, I am going to SNT on Saturday, probably around 8.30am. Any takers?
hmm, I think I can go..

·
Registered
465 Posts
Bummer...!

Well, my co-equipero cancelled at the last minute! So I'm free for the weekend, are you qoing to the expobici thing? I'm interested in a couple of tools; WARP, you could bring your dados and I can give them back by monday.

Antonio Rivas

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
arivas said:
Well, my co-equipero cancelled at the last minute! So I'm free for the weekend, are you qoing to the expobici thing? I'm interested in a couple of tools; WARP, you could bring your dados and I can give them back by monday.

Antonio Rivas
Tonio...

Rzoz and I (along with the wife and Mini-Warp) are meeting at 11:00 tomorrow at the entry of Expobici.

Anyone coming down is welcome. Just shoot me a PM.
I'll take the sockets with me. Timing is no problem now, Tonio. Many thanks in advance.

See ya there!!
Any plans for a sunday ride?

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
arivas said:
Ok, see you there! A ride on sunday would be nice, where? Ajusco? can someone (as always, I'm afraid...!) give me a raite?

El Rivas,
I'd like going to Ajusco. I don't know about the logistics, though. I can take another rider with me, but I don't know who would be able to ride. Or Chiluca, but I'm not too excited about it because I feel it will be pretty muddy right now..

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Guys... slight plans change...

Can we meet at 14:00hrs?
Freaking Mini-Warp's doc changed an appointment that was scheduled today, for tomorrow at 11:00.

Is it OK with you guys?
Please, lemme know.

I'm with transportation problems too... as usual. Any help is welcome. I would ride anywhere... I'm desperate to put miles on the AM1.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Warp said:
Guys... slight plans change...

Can we meet at 14:00hrs?
Freaking Mini-Warp's doc changed an appointment that was scheduled today, for tomorrow at 11:00.

Is it OK with you guys?
Please, lemme know.

I'm with transportation problems too... as usual. Any help is welcome. I would ride anywhere... I'm desperate to put miles on the AM1.
No problem, we can meet at 2pm in the registration area, fine by me. If nobody else is intrested in sunday riding, I think we have a problem (I can only take one rider).

An option is to go to Alameda 2000 in Toluca and just do some miles (it's nice, not the prettiest, but doable). Arivas, could you get there without a car?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Fine with me

No problem for saturday, 2 pm is fine; we could try piggybacking good ole ritopc's ride to Ajusco...!:rolleyes: Altough I could make it to Alameda 2000 without a car on sunday, if we are going to Tolouca I could suggest two other places not farther than Alameda 2000 but with a little more excitment...! Desierto would be the easiest for me to reach. So see see you both at 2pm at the biciexpo entrance (at the torniquetes?) we can arange thins for sunday tomorrow!

El Rivas
ps. ritopc, are you comming to expobici thing? we could check prices for you in any case...!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
arivas said:
ps. ritopc, are you comming to expobici thing? we could check prices for you in any case...!
I don´t think so, I have a gathering at 3.00 pm at my place. If I can think of anything I might need, i´ll ring you at your cell phone tomorrow. One thing I´m interested in getting though, is a work stand. Would be nice if you could check prices on those please.

Cheers, and have fun tomorrow... I know I will.:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.