Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What's better than being an ATVer on Amasa Back...?

12K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  SAM313 
#1 ·
Not being a rock-stacking d-bag couch rider.

Passed them going up, Told them once that they were probably in over their heads. As we came back out, passed them at cliffhanger looking beat and stacking lots of rocks :nono:(going back towards trailhead). Just kept on cruising because I can get diplomatically challenged :madmax: when dealing with idiots.

I'm of the opinion that if you can't ride it as is on whatever you happen to take to trail on without altering the trail, go elsewhere. Wrong? Over-reacting?

Rant over! It's almost beer:30 :thumbsup:

#9 ·
I would think that those of us who live here do so so that we can ride any trail we like whenever we like, regardless of a little heat, a little snow, a little sand or a little water........and if someone's riding style is different than your own don't ride with them, pretty simple. If your trying to get everyone else to think like you and ride your style your in for a a lot of disappointment............and obviously pent up anger. :madman:

Same line of thought on stacking rocks............we may not agree with it but ya can't control what people with other interests do. If it realy bothers you just ride the trail later and unstack the rocks, sooner or later word will spread through the ATV world that the trail is not a friendly place to go.

We are supposed to be riding to have a good time and enjoy the company of people with the same interest. If your angry all the time and trying to pick fight, move to LA, you'll fit right in.

#5 ·
Not being a rock-stacking d-bag couch rider.

Passed them going up, Told them once that they were probably in over their heads. As we came back out, passed them at cliffhanger looking beat and stacking lots of rocks :nono:(going back towards trailhead). Just kept on cruising because I can get diplomatically challenged :madmax: when dealing with idiots.

I'm of the opinion that if you can't ride it as is on whatever you happen to take to trail on without altering the trail, go elsewhere. Wrong? Over-reacting?

Rant over! It's almost beer:30 :thumbsup:
I think your overreacting entirely way to much.... It isn't like the trail isn't open to the window lickers on ATV's

I would have had to keep riding as well

#6 ·
What in the hell are you doing riding Amasa Back this time of year? I would like to suggest multiple other trails that you should be riding this time of year, but if you are dumb enough to ride Amasa Back in September, then you do not deserve to know about the good stuff.

Also, the only reason that Amasa is around is because it is a jeep trail, not a bike trail. The other name for the trail is Cliff Hanger and always started out as a jeep trail. Amasa Back was pretty much a lame trail for mountain bikes until Jacksons and Rock Stacker were created. Your question should be directed to yourself. Why are you riding your bike on a jeep trail in the late summer heat? Holy shixznit! What a waste of time.

You belong to that lame AZZ group that likes to biatch about another user as if your user group should have exclusive access. If you ride on a jeep trail expect some motorized vehicles. Your biking is the non-conforming use. Don't be a stuck up mountain biker that looks down on all the lowly and less refined jeepers and four wheelers. If you took a fall on Amasa Back, these would be the people that would be hauling your butt out.

#7 ·
What in the hell are you doing riding Amasa Back this time of year? I would like to suggest multiple other trails that you should be riding this time of year, but if you are dumb enough to ride Amasa Back in September, then you do not deserve to know about the good stuff.
Wow Puta, nice to meet you. Didn't realize that was you up there. If you're too soft to handle a little ride on a nice fall day, I would like to suggest you take up quilting, watch those needles though, they can be sharp. Got the good stuff covered, thanks.

Also, the only reason that Amasa is around is because it is a jeep trail, not a bike trail. The other name for the trail is Cliff Hanger and always started out as a jeep trail. Amasa Back was pretty much a lame trail for mountain bikes until Jacksons and Rock Stacker were created.
Thanks to the wheelers for creating a pretty rad trail. Turns out, my rock crawling buddies aren't too cool with people making their trail "Texas wheelchair" accessible either. Rock stacker was pretty good today.

Your question should be directed to yourself. Why are you riding your bike on a jeep trail in the late summer heat? Holy shixznit! What a waste of time.
Question is, why aren't you? You need to either HTFU or STFU!

You belong to that lame AZZ group that likes to biatch about another user as if your user group should have exclusive access.
????? I actually don't belong to any groups in AZ, never lived there

If you ride on a jeep trail expect some motorized vehicles. Your biking is the non-conforming use. Don't be a stuck up mountain biker that looks down on all the lowly and less refined jeepers and four wheelers. If you took a fall on Amasa Back, these would be the people that would be hauling your butt out.
Did I say anything about Jeepers? Do you think it's ok to modify a trail (and not return it to its previous state) just because you lack the skills to ride it as is? I don't care how you access the trail, it's about maintaining the integrity of the trail for all user groups.

Well, that was diplomatically challenging. I think I will go waste my time riding my bike, or maybe I'll ride my moto. Hope I'm not too dumb to figure out how to make them go, or fall out from the sweltering desert heat.

To the others, maybe, I came off a little harsh. The issue at hand is any user modifying a trail to suit themselves to the detriment of the other user groups. There are plenty of trails around of varying difficulty for all user groups around here. I happen to like to watch wheelers (or even ATVers) tackle the difficult obstacles.

By the way, great riding weather in Moab right now, nice and cool for the early morning rides. Mid 80s in the afternoon. Downright chilly in the mountains early.

#10 ·
I can't believe that you consider stacking some rocks a modification to the trail. Its a jeep trail and the rocks move all over the place every time a vehicle or 4-wheeler travels over the obstacle, not to mention the thunder storms that dump large amounts of water on the trail (road) and change it every couple of weeks. The idea that Amasa back is this static unchanging bike trail for the bikers and that rocks should not be moved around is retarded. It is a jeep trail. Your frustration is the equivalent of being angry with the last storm that altered the trail. I assume you will be pissed if some rocks roll across the trail due to erosion in the next storm. Wouldn't want to mess up your precious line that you pick through the rock garden know as Amasa Back.

#11 ·
Ok, I apologize. I will take my off road vehicle out and spin all of those stacked rocks out with my back tires so that you can sleep better and not have an emotional break down on your next summer Amasa Back bike ride.

P.S. Please tell me you do not ride a Specialized or a Trek and drink Michelob Ultra and hang out with Lance Armstrong. ******r?

#13 ·
You proved me wrong, Puta.

I would not have thought that you could possibly prove yourself to be a bigger a$$clown, but you gone done and did it. Congrats!

Well, I'm done with you and I know you have to get up early and catch the short bus, so Happy Trails.

Mods: go ahead and lock or delete this thread, I think we're all a little dumber for having witnessed it.

#15 ·
Just got back today from 3 days in Moab... weather was amazing to be honest & definitely more pleasant than the 100* i'd been riding in at home.

Rode Amasa Back up, rockstacker and Jackson, Porcupine Rim, Slick Rock, Pipe Dreams and a bunch of stuff at the Brands with the wife.

I did do it on a Specialized and enjoyed a cold Michelob after. I dont know Lance though.

Happy Trails boys.
:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.