Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's going to depend on a few factors.

What's your definition of inexpensive?
Does the Santa Fe have a receiver hitch?
If so, hitch or rooftop mount?
How many bikes do you need to carry?

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
The performance Xport

RichieRichRK said:
I throw my bike in the bike....Kind of want to get a bike rack for the back on the Santa Fe....Does any one know of any good deals??? Or what racks to go with??
is a strudy 2 bike hitch rack @ a good price.. Further savings can be had using a coupon code and having the rack shipped to a store instead of to your home..

·
Dawgwalker
209 Posts
Bike Rack

If you have enough room you could use the Delta Stableloader. I've ordered one for a difficult fit in my Honda Ridgeline truck.

Cheapest price I found was Amazon.com at $90 with free shipping.

REI had for $120.

Doubles as a load stablizer.

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
Sorry i assumed u had a hitch..

RichieRichRK said:
I'll spend maybe 150....I have no hitch on my suv....Does the rack dome with the hitch also?....For 2 bikes...
By the way a hitch can be had for ~$100~ or so + the cost of the rack. Cheap rack alternative is a inside the suv rack consisting of a couple of QRs bolted to a board. Whether or not this is an option depends on the inside of the suv. You may be able to carry one or two bikes with the front wheels off and the fork anchored in the QR. If you do go this route for a 2 bike inside rack make sure to space the QRs far enough apart but not to far aprt that the bars hit the side of the rear compartment. One way to get around this is to stagger the QRs. Youll also need enough remaining space for the front wheels and your riding stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.