Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...

was wondering what a new, never ridden '08 Epic Marathon would be worth today. Give me a price range from "gettin' hosed" to "almost stealing it"

Thanks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pedalfaraway said:
20% off msrp getting hosed. 50% off MSRP stealing it. 30-40% off msrp about right
any idea what MSRP was on the '08's????

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, is an '08 bike really that much worse than an '09????

·
wafflemaster
119 Posts
It's a great bike, I have one & love it. My thought is a 2008 is worth 2,400 to 2,800 to you, the stor probably paid less than that.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Epics underwent a major overhaul for 2009

The 2008 you are looking at has the faulty AFR shock. I had a 08 epic marathon ALU and the rear shock was never in working order for more then a month. I went through close to a dozen replacements before ebaying the bike and moving on. I would not take another 2008 epic unless it was cheap enough to throw the frame away and make money selling the parts. However when it was working the epic was a great ride. Seems like the 09-10 that come with a FOX shock have finally resolved the reliability issue. I can't really compare the 2 as I have never ridden an 09. AFR= Another ****ing Replacement.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies fellas....I think I'm gonna stick with finding an '09.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone know what the cost price is for an '09 Epic marathon carbon????? Thanks....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts