Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Custom User Title
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some Mavic EX823's on my Heckler right now which is setup more for trail/freeride. I want to build a lightweight wheelset for those moments when I want to go on a cross country excursion. I'm leaning towards the Ringle abbah disc 20mm hub front/rearhub? with Mavic XM819 or Sun DS-1 rim with DT revolution spokes.

Shiggy, I saw that you had mentioned in the Crossmax XL thread that you can usually build a lighter wheel than the crossmax. What would that entail? - Thank you

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
dpdsurf said:
I have some Mavic EX823's on my Heckler right now which is setup more for trail/freeride. I want to build a lightweight wheelset for those moments when I want to go on a cross country excursion. I'm leaning towards the Ringle abbah disc 20mm hub front/rearhub? with Mavic XM819 or Sun DS-1 rim with DT revolution spokes.

Shiggy, I saw that you had mentioned in the Crossmax XL thread that you can usually build a lighter wheel than the crossmax. What would that entail? - Thank you
So many options.

I have a front wheel: WTB Laser Light Disc hub, 819 rim, 32 Sapim CX-Ray spokes with alloy nipples. 805g
The Crossmax XL Disc is 860g.

If I do not use an UST rim I can easily cut 50-100g from that.

·
Custom User Title
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shiggy said:
So many options.

I have a front wheel: WTB Laser Light Disc hub, 819 rim, 32 Sapim CX-Ray spokes with alloy nipples. 805g
The Crossmax XL Disc is 860g.

If I do not use an UST rim I can easily cut 50-100g from that.
Thanks Shiggy, I was looking those laser dics too.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hope Bulb

I cant think of another20mm hub that combines light weight and a decent price like the Bulbs. I built up a wheel with a Bulb hub, dt spokes, alum nipples and a Mavic F519 rim, its fairly light , strong and spins amazingly well.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Hope

My Hope bulb w/ the 20mm conversion built with supercomp spokes and a Syncros DS28 rim and tape is 2.01lbs (911g). Not to shabby for a big wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.