Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the help on a earlier thread I think I've settled on a hid spot for the helmet light. But know I think I should find a flood light for the bar. I was hoping for a inexpesive led that would take 4AA. But I guess that leds are mostly for spot right now. Since I'm spending a chunk on the helmet light and they are supposed to be very bright I don't feel that it needs to the best out there. Just a decent one I can afford. It will be for a 24hrs race and since I'll already be chargeing the bat for the hid I thought the led would be nice since they are super durable and run forever. but I can't find a flood. Any ideas

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Check out the Cateye El-500. I have never used it but one of Southern Calif. top endurance racers runs the Cateye on his bar and tried to sell me one. This guy goes through a lot of equiptment so I think its probably worth taking a look at. You will probably find after turning both lights on that the handlebar light is mostly just a backup to your HID and you might not even be able to tell its on.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my first thought

The cat eye 500 opticube was exactly what I was looking for but I read it is more of a spot I emailed cateye almost a week ago and I've heard nothing. I would love to hear from somebody that has used one.

·
Why so uptite?
975 Posts
Check you the Turbocat 10-15w handlebar light. They are affordable and now that i have a Nightrider Flight and a Light in Motion Arc Ultra, i think i actually like my Turbocat lights better. They are cheaper, bombproof and have top notch customer service.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Milkman said:
The cat eye 500 opticube was exactly what I was looking for but I read it is more of a spot I emailed cateye almost a week ago and I've heard nothing. I would love to hear from somebody that has used one.
The EL500 is definately more of a spot beam. I would'nt want to ride a trail with only this light on my bar. I use it for a commuting light on urban roads. It does appear quite bright to motorists.

Craig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.