Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to build a rigid DH bike. I'm going to use a steelhead and large tires.

What are some good rigid forks that can take a beating and are high up AtoC?

Something with the AtoC of a 130-160mm fork. 540mm

This bike will be for making me better at riding and to have a light bike that can be flogged around hard. Would also be used for flat ground skinnies and such.

Marzocchi makes them but only in 24 and too short.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, if you really have your heart set on riding DH on a rigid then the Planet X Knifen would probably be my choice for a fork. Another good one would be the DMR Trailblade. I dont think your gonna find a rigid fork with the hight that you want, strong rigid forks that you want are generally built around a 4'' fork for DJ and/or urban.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
SpawningGround said:
I'm looking to build a rigid DH bike. I'm going to use a steelhead and large tires.

What are some good rigid forks that can take a beating and are high up AtoC?

Something with the AtoC of a 130-160mm fork. 540mm

This bike will be for making me better at riding and to have a light bike that can be flogged around hard. Would also be used for flat ground skinnies and such.

Marzocchi makes them but only in 24 and too short.
surly instigator 447mm c-a height. taller than the other two mentioned. the karate monkey fork is taller, but not quite as beefy. i've not seen a taller rigid fork. custom would be the only other option, but for that money, may as well go suspended and just run high preload/little sag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.