Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
pb2
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am shopping around for large nomad frame (or maybe a 6.6 if I cannot get a deal on a nomad) thankfully I am not not in a desperate hurry to have it tomorrow (just as well according to the many posts) and there are least 4 or 5 colors I would be happy to call my own.

So $64 questions, what constitutes a great nomad frame & shock deal, I don't care where is comes from as long as it is new & has full warranty, I don't need anything other than a good old fashioned deal.

Please post with your target price and to avoid causing problems for the dealer in question I will pm you for their name, that way money changes hand and no one gets hurt ;)

Thnx in advance Paul

·
Registered
119 Posts
No Deal's

There really are no deals on a new/warranty Nomad or 6.6 frame. Simply just go to your local bike store and pay them $2009 (plus tax) for your anodized frame with a DHX Air. It's not that complicated. I reckon if you do that the LBS will give you a nice deal on the $3000 of parts you'll want so it is absolutely dripping with bling and ready to rumble. Good luck in your search.

·
pb2
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mp007 said:
There really are no deals on a new/warranty Nomad or 6.6 frame. Simply just go to your local bike store and pay them $2009 (plus tax) for your anodized frame with a DHX Air. It's not that complicated. I reckon if you do that the LBS will give you a nice deal on the $3000 of parts you'll want so it is absolutely dripping with bling and ready to rumble. Good luck in your search.
I know but I already have at least $3,000 worth of bits, XO everything, Dave Thomas Speed Wheels, Chris King this that and the other, that and running a cash hungry business is why I am broke :eek: thats why I need a deal!

I cannot believe money does not talk, its easy hassle free profit for someone, hell I will even pay up front for a knock out deal so then there is no cash flow impact for the dealer, how much easier do I have to make it, come on guys, give me a deal ;)

·
BLS439
529 Posts
yespsb said:
I know but I already have at least $3,000 worth of bits, XO everything, Dave Thomas Speed Wheels, Chris King this that and the other, that and running a cash hungry business is why I am broke :eek: thats why I need a deal!

I cannot believe money does not talk, its easy hassle free profit for someone, hell I will even pay up front for a knock out deal so then there is no cash flow impact for the dealer, how much easier do I have to make it, come on guys, give me a deal ;)
Okay, give me the $2009 (plus tax) and I will go get it for you. Then, I'll even test ride it for you to make sure it works as it's supposed to. Then, I'll give your dirty frame back to you and tell you "Great deal, that thing's awesome!"

Dude, seriously though, the frame is far too popular right now for anyone to be giving deals on them. Just thank your lucky stars if you get one faster than 4-6 weeks after paying for it.

--BLS439

·
pb2
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you don't ask you don't get

Well I have drawn two blanks but its early days and I am in no hurry and being told no twice or twenty two times does not concern me as long as one dealer says yes, I would also be happy to take a demo frame to save some money, heres hoping Santa deliveries the goodies :)

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
You better get busy then, calling all the dealers and seeing who needs to unload a Nomad. Why would anyone give a deal when people are plopping down deposits and waiting several weeks? Don't know if they have any left but it's end of season for them, contact Yuba Expeditions, if you can, and you might have a shot, maybe.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin...sults_format=long&db_id=95618&query=retrieval
Shuntavi, says the got a large with DXA and they make deals, killer ones!

Be hard pressed to find any deal on a Nomad, only deal I got on mine was they applied the cost of two rental bikes to the purchase of a frame. ;)

One suggestion is call a local place that was using Nomads for demos or rentals, I know of some place in the Lake Tahoe, CA region who rent them out for shuttle runs and the likes. And were selling all types of Santa Cruz, the BLTs and Nomads for a bit off.

·
Too Much Fun
2,320 Posts
Prepared to wait? Well prepare some more...

yespsb said:
Hi I am shopping around for large nomad frame (or maybe a 6.6 if I cannot get a deal on a nomad) thankfully I am not not in a desperate hurry to have it tomorrow (just as well according to the many posts) and there are least 4 or 5 colors I would be happy to call my own.
This bike is far too hot right now for serious discounts unless you are talking a well used demo or rental unit. Seriously, I have met two random strangers who have been talking about their crazy new bikes and each one has been talking about their new Nomad thats on order. It would be funny if I were not waiting on my own!

Be prepared to pay list or wait till middle of 2006.

Here is my Nomad saga: http://buildanomad.blogspot.com/

·
pb2
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I might just have got lucky

Things are starting to firm up and I am hoping to be able to confirm a decent deal today/tomorrow, thnx to everyone who has replied, Paul

·
Registered
354 Posts
jackass thread

Hey hey gimmee, gimmee.......This bike is so brand new its not even shown up yet in some places....And you are just trolling around looking for a cheapie from whereever....Maybe someday you will have a bad warranty problem and no LBS to help you out, that might change your tune. But from the sounds of it, that probably would'nt make you open your eyes either...

·
pb2
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Jackass - you judge ?

alias said:
Hey hey gimmee, gimmee.......This bike is so brand new its not even shown up yet in some places....And you are just trolling around looking for a cheapie from whereever....Maybe someday you will have a bad warranty problem and no LBS to help you out, that might change your tune. But from the sounds of it, that probably would'nt make you open your eyes either...
Alias whats your problem with me seeking a discount and where do you get gimmee, gimmee from ? I am paying for the frame, I work hard for my money and I try to spend it wisely, if someone sells me a frame at a discount it will be because they have chosen to, I won't have made them.

I would love to be in the postion to just walk in and throw down a few thousand dollars but I am not, I would be just as happy with a discounted demo frame if thats the way to cut a deal and I am sure any dealer accepting my hard earned money will be making a decent profit.

I know there will be some people who will agree with your point of view and there will be people who also see my point of view other wise there would be no "best deal" section to this site, nor would a lot of successful bike retailers have sales or promo's.

Finally marking my legitimate question up as a Jackass thread says a lot more about you than it says about me, maybe you just have more money than sense ;)

·
Too Much Fun
2,320 Posts
IJR said:
I paid a whole lot less than 2K for my large black ano with dhx air. You just have to be in the right place at the right time and know the right people. :D
Well, that goes for everything in life! Luck carries the day. Did you get a complete bike?

And when you say "less then 2K"... Yeah, it retails for plenty less then 2K for several configurations... Its just hard keeping it under 2K if you go w/DHX air and ano/polished AND are paying tax.

Kudos to you for scoring though...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.