Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who don't know who she is, she was an up and coming XC racer in So. Cal. She started racing at a very young age, GT actually built her a custom bike around 1998 or so. Back then she was a little pig tailed girl. Last time I heard about her she was around 13 and was beating girls 18 and up. She recieved alot of exposure in MTB magazines etc. I guess she was supposed to be the future of womens XC racing. The reason I ask is I was telling my buddy about when I was racing in Big Bear in 1998 in the beg. mens XC race and half way up the first climb this little 70lb girl passed me like I was standing still. Mind you she started way after our group had left WOW. I still can't get that picture out of my head. :eek:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
ADDICT said:
For those of you who don't know who she is, she was an up and coming XC racer in So. Cal. She started racing at a very young age, GT actually built her a custom bike around 1998 or so. Back then she was a little pig tailed girl. Last time I heard about her she was around 13 and was beating girls 18 and up. She recieved alot of exposure in MTB magazines etc. I guess she was supposed to be the future of womens XC racing. The reason I ask is I was telling my buddy about when I was racing in Big Bear in 1998 in the beg. mens XC race and half way up the first climb this little 70lb girl passed me like I was standing still. Mind you she started way after our group had left WOW. I still can't get that picture out of my head. :eek:
She lived in the Tahoe area, and did kick the crap out of many 20-something women. I remember going to mid-week club races and seeing her Dad follow her around on the tiny custom bike. Not to bag on them, but he was the consumate little league Dad, crossing the line of "proud" into obnoxiously arrogant many times.

I think she got into skiing and running more, her two original passions. Her brother was a national level freestyle skier.

Maybe it was a case of another child prodigy with unfulfilled potential, or she got burned out. Look at the top ranks of national competition in most sports: rarely do child athletes, like child tv stars, amount to much beyond "what ever happened to..."

·
Registered
18,570 Posts
Found her!

ADDICT said:
Here she is, fourth row from the bottom:

http://www.ltcconline.net/lukas/summer/soc101class.htm

It looks as if her email is on there too. You gonna email her and ask what she's been up to?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.