Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says, what good bike stuff did everyone get for christmas?

I'll start: sockguy socks (cup'o'joe, and the world champ ones), Fisher team socks, Fox gloves, a new mtbr.com jersey (represent!). and the icing on the cake was a new set of fsa gossamer cranks for my cross bike from my grandparents, I think my dad helped out a little bit in that department, he has been my half mechanic and very involved in the sport ever since I was a junior racer and seems to know more people in the lbs's than I do (and he doesn't ride!)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Happy Holidays!! Well happy to say that my husband has been paying attention!! :)
I got a Minoura rim trainer
A MTB women's video
A new 1.5 litre camelback for racing
and a Fox racing Vanilla RLC 130 fork for my Jekyll!!! Now I can get rid of my horrible stock fork and let her rip on the downhills!!
:D :D :D
Very cool Christmas!!

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
we limited this year; we always pretty much spendaholicize through out the year anyway. So we went to St Johns for 6 PM Mass, then to the Shack for a burger.

Presents I got this morning was a Sony Universal Remote (actually I got it a month ago) , a Chocoltae Orange Ball, a couple trinket boxes, a Bush Stadium Memories DVD, a couple other DVDs. Mom is visiting and gave us some money. Starwars chess set (can u say garage sale material?) Oh--and I got XMAS greetings from someone I know in the PH.

Later it's down to the Hale Koa for XMAS lunch.

Oh there was something bike related--the neighbor girl gave me some harvest bars and a metrx bar.
And i got a new Pave carbon seat post for the road bike and a new set of road tires the other day---the other seatpost was involved in a crash over the past week. And I had a nice 53 mile road ride yesterday from Waikiki to Kailua and back.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
ArmySlowRdr said:
And I had a nice 53 mile road ride yesterday from Waikiki to Kailua and back.
Really stupid question of the day...

Whenever I'm on Oahu...I always drive around the island. Usually head up north on 99 and take 83 and 72 back to Honolulu. 72 really doesn't have much of a safe shoulder for you to ride on does it? Plus you have to deal with Mainland idiots like myself doing 80 mph in their rental Chevy Aveo.

Or am I completely missing a different route that you are taking.

Christmas 2006 I'm getting my ass back to Oahu. We've spent several holidays with relatives over there and being stuck in Idaho with all the rain and fog ain't my idea of fun. I much rather be on the beach and then using my pocket change to have Christmas lunch at Zippy's.

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
rte

we park at paki park right by waikiki elementary and diamonhead--we ride through Kahala neighborhood and jump on Kaneoleoe HWY I am not sure of the spelling at all but it is what Interstae 1 East turns into afterit ends) --we take detours through a few neighborhoods to include portlock where we decide either to go over Huanama Bay or take heatbreak ridge through Hawaii Kai--then Kaneoeoe HWY through Makapuu and up through Kailua and back.

As far as 99 North (Kam HWY)--you can pick it up in Mililani and have a nice bike ride all the way past Dole plantation and up to Haliewa--it is a fast ride--but the hills are deceptive--on the way back it will be-ahem--somewhat slower. Nice scenic rte too.

Actually the auto drivers here are quite used to bikes. We have no problems at all and rarely take a whole lane and block cars except a very short and really high MPH stretch after Huanama.

Zippys chili--yumm--oh btw time to get ready--leaving for Hale Koa for XMAS lunch in 30 min.

Have fun your next holidays here. I will be back on the mainland--likely somewhere in AZ, NM, TX, or OK.

BelaySlave said:
Really stupid question of the day...

Whenever I'm on Oahu...I always drive around the island. Usually head up north on 99 and take 83 and 72 back to Honolulu. 72 really doesn't have much of a safe shoulder for you to ride on does it? Plus you have to deal with Mainland idiots like myself doing 80 mph in their rental Chevy Aveo.

Or am I completely missing a different route that you are taking.

Christmas 2006 I'm getting my ass back to Oahu. We've spent several holidays with relatives over there and being stuck in Idaho with all the rain and fog ain't my idea of fun. I much rather be on the beach and then using my pocket change to have Christmas lunch at Zippy's.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
I got some nice stuff, but I think the best is....

the set of BB 7's and cables that I got from my Sons this year! Great idea and a welcome upgrade for my ride. Got a new computer stand on casters for my laptop too. The wife works online on the desk top allot and I've been relegated to using the laptop on a small side table for quite some time now, at least when she is online anyway. :D But now I have my own little work station! Pretty cool I think. Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone. Hope yours was as great as mine!

Good Dirt

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I finally got exactly what I wanted. A Pepperage Farms beaf and mustard combo basket.

·
Registered
511 Posts
A flat tire!

Weather in the mid-60s here in Denver. Absolutely beautiful for Christmas. Decided a ride was in order, so took off after Christmas dinner had some time to settle. Got about four miles from home and Psssssst went the rear tire. I was so perturbed that rather than fix it, I just called my wife to come "rescue" me. Turned out to be a pretty good sized chunk of glass that did me in. Still, it was beautiful day.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I made a list for my wife for Christmas, Including a Crank Bros Multi -Tool, Jersey, Socks, and Tires, to name a few. I even told her where to get it. So when opening presents I noticed none of the boxes were heavy enough for anything but the socks. Which I did get from mom. After getting a buch of CD's and the new Lance book, There was a box that was really light. CASH!!!!! $100 to spend as I wish at the LBS, now I have to figure out how to maximize the money.

·
wait a minute....
216 Posts
I got some socks

with king king fighting some biplanes on them, and a $30 gift certificate to my lbs.All from my kids.

·
inner peace to make peace
2,294 Posts
Camelpak mini-Mule

Camelpak mini-Mule, cashmier turtle neck, and a cello (when my wife found out i bought her a cello & lessons then she bougt me one also)

·
Custom User Title:
66 Posts
Santa was goood to me

X-9 trigger
X-9 Rear Derailleur
ODI Rouge lock on grips
CatEye mirco wireless
sos socks

·
Registered
665 Posts
Merry Christmas! :)

the bike things santa brought me were some Pearl Izumi socks (cool) and some energy bars. if i can count what i bought myself then i got a spanking new Giant NRS Air (composite) frameset - to be my first FS bike. :D

also related, during some MTBing on Christmas-Eve, i did a couple funny spills and scored a nice graze on the elbow!

happy trails.

:)

·
Registered
332 Posts
The only biking stuff I got were a few long sleeve lightweight layering polyester shirts to wear in the winter and a pair of nice gloves. I do, however, plan to buy myself a nice Jet halogen lighting system sometime soon. :D

·
just along for the ride
3,033 Posts
Loads of cheap technical duds, like 3 changes for under a Bill and even one in neon green with pockets!!! Its nice having semi profitable mega-bike companies outlet stores around =) merry single trax 2 all!

·
Registered
123 Posts
just going to list stuff that my parents bought me not the stuff I bought myself.
1. Seal skinz (water proof socks)
2. Azonic outlaw wheels
3. 2 mountain bike calenders
4. Winter biking gloves
5. 2006 sram 990 cassette
6. 40 dollar rei gift certificate
7. 10 dollar barns and noble gift certificate
8. 30 dollar best buy gift card
9. popcorn

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
1. Specialized Singletrack sunglasses (these are sweet!)
2. Pentax Optio 60 6.0 mp digital camera (for taking action shots woohoo)
3. A Snowboard, boots and bindings!! Now I don't have to sell my first bike!
4. Some gore tex hiking/camping gear.
5. Money to buy a nice, new, still undecided component for my Enduro :)

Merry Christmas to all! Thank you santa!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
A 30 mile mostly offroad bike ride with some friends and a ride back from my father in law.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts