Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size/brand of tires is everyone riding this year? and what pressure are you running for freeride, or DH, or trail.

ive got Maxxis 2.5 DH Minions F and R on my Haro 8.3. running them at around 40 for the trails and FR. when im doing the gravity runs gotta lower it to round 25-30 for the extra stick. with the super heavy/strong sidewalls i can ride it that low and get no pinchflats or anything. crazy heavy tho, 1300g a piece!

·
high school loser
1,313 Posts
i have a kenda blue groove up front and a kenda nevegal in the rear. i run at a pretty high pressure all the time to prevent pinch falts.

·
G3Riders
168 Posts
some Intense, some Maxxis, some Kenda :)

I use couple of sets (for different conditions here in good ol' Europe ;))

• for winter riding (snow etc.) rode Maxxis Wet Scream 2.2 DH MaxxPro 60d
  • during early spring/late summer used Intense Intruder 2.5 DH FRO SR front and just bought new Kenda Nevgal 2.5 DH Stick-E Tomac
  • for summer/dry I used either Maxxis Minions 2.5 DH 42ST or High Rollers 40a SR last year, but...
  • ...for this season however will be on Kenda Blue Groove / Nevgal 2.5 DH Stick-E Tomac however

quick note on pressure - although I often ride very rocky terrain, never got flats on either Intense or Maxxis even running them on 0.9-1.2 bar front and some 1.2-1.4 rear.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
I've got plenty of options...

Hardtail currently.... 2.35 Maxxis SemiSlick high Rollers

AC currently.... 2.3 Intense Edges

V10 currently.... 2.6 IRC Kujo/2.7 Mobster

Options for the V-10....
2.7 Intense FROs (F/R)
2.5 Intense FROs (F/R)
2.5 Maxxis Minions (F/R)
and a few other random tires that are laying in my garage. All new of course. :D

·
born to chill
986 Posts
SamL3227 said:
what size/brand of tires is everyone riding this year? and what pressure are you running for freeride, or DH, or trail.

ive got Maxxis 2.5 DH Minions F and R on my Haro 8.3. running them at around 40 for the trails and FR. when im doing the gravity runs gotta lower it to round 25-30 for the extra stick. with the super heavy/strong sidewalls i can ride it that low and get no pinchflats or anything. crazy heavy tho, 1300g a piece!
2.35 Highrollers front and rear.

·
Registered
819 Posts
what street/urban tires would u recomend. i am thinking bout the maxxis holly rollers or the kenda krads. maybe the maxis hookworms....

·
Doesnt ride Banshees
1,406 Posts
On the gemini: 2.5 high roller(r)/mobster(f) in 60a compound. Probably 35-40psi I'll switch off to 2.3 arrow mud x's for the wet days.

On the prophet: 2.3 hutchison spyders, 2.35 60a high rollers when the spyders wear out, possibly a fast rolling tire like 2.3 high roller semi slick/ schwalbe racing ralph in the fall when everything is packed frozen.

·
Registered
241 Posts
SamL3227 said:

michelin 2.8 front and intense 909, sorta the same pattern, but i think the michelin hooks up better. i run them at about 25-30 and they work great with no flats. im running in soft, rocky, and sometimes hardpack, basic socal weather.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
tires are just plain nokian nbx 2.5s but wut also matters are the tubes (well for non tubeless bikes anyways)

maxxis dh up front and salsa numaticos simplaticos :confused: , yea

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.