Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've wanted a yeti for 15 years now. Unfortunatly the closest I ever came was a schwinn homegrown from '97.

Right now I ride a specialized enduro and I do enjoy the bike but I feal like when riding cross country it's holding me back on the climbs. I love the way ti decends and turns in but the weight really kills me on the wednsday night group rides.

I'm intrested in the 575 but unsure about fit. I'm 5'8 and ride a medium right now. I can ride the wifes large stumpy but feal stretched out. What do you suggest for me as far as frame and size? How does it compare to the enduro?

As I said above the wife rides a stumpy and likes it but she really doesn't need all that travel. She is intrested in the asr alloy ( in pink of course). She's a tall girl (5'10-11 or so) so what size would fit her?

I'm not lucky enough to have a dealer in my area to fit either of us. I'm really looking forward to picking up a couple of these bikes finally!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am about 5'10" and ride a medium 2007 575. I have approx 9" of seatpost showing and a 110mm stem 0 degree rise with no spacers under it. I am pretty comfortable with this setup, may go to a 100mm stem though.
I am a little "old school" on my setup I think. I was a "roadie" for a long time. Worked in the bike industry from around 1980 til 2000, but always had more of a road slant to my involvement in cycling. Funny because for a chunk of that time I worked for a mountain bike manufacturer!!
I have owned many mountain bikes over the years, but, as you, always wanted a Yeti. Bought my 575 6 months ago. Absolutely love this bike!:thumbsup:
Anyway, hope that this helps.
Yours in Biking,
Phil

·
Registered
682 Posts
If your current bike fits well, measure the horizontal top tube length and match it up to the geometry chart on Yeti's website.

It sounds like both of you would be really happy on a pair of ASR alloy's. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised with how effective the ASR's 4" of travel works.

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
Yeti suggests Medium for your heights, both in ASR and 575, in their geometry tables. Looking at the numbers, the 575 at least seems pretty long. So if you like more compact bikes, you might even consider a Small.

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
You do have a dealer in your area as all dealers can call Yeti and get you fixed up. Saying that, I looked into this locally and my dealer wanted $600 more for the bike, counting tax, than I was able to get it at Full Cycles. But they were more than willing to make the effort for me.

·
EDR
10,599 Posts
Call Full Cycles. They can hook you up on 1 week demo's delivered to your door for about $175. The complete cost of the demo will go towards your purchase, should you decide to buy one. If you demo a medium 575 but find it a little to long they will gladly ship you a small and still put your demo money towards the purchase price. They will also give you as good a price as anybody and will swap parts at cost, at least imo.

Ask for Will.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My husband and I just got 575's last week - we love them! I'm 5'9" and I was sized with a medium.

If you are looking to buy online you might look at Adrenaline Bikes. http://www.adrenalinebikes.com

We live within driving distance of the store but I believe they do a big online business as well. Their prices were reasonable, they will configure it any way you want, and the staff is really knowledgeable and helpful (both on the phone and in person).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.