Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Trail Ninja
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Fox Digits are getting ragged. I got a hole in the knuckle from washing out in a corner with my hands still on the bars and the inside mesh part of the thumb has developed a long tear along the fabric. They were great while they lasted (except for the initial palm break-in period), but want a more durable pair that offers more protection. I barely got half a year out of this set.

I'm looking for a full finger glove that I can wear all year long (in SoCal) with decent protection and breathability, preferably for cheap and in black (8"). I wouldn't mind a bulkier glove like the Sidewinder or something with hardshell knuckles.

What are you guys wearing?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Troy Lee XC or Air gloves. I used to get blisters when riding moto and that stopped once I switched to the TLD XC gloves. I use them for MTB as well and they are great gloves. The Air gloves are a little more vented and they both have a nice thin palm.

·
Trail Ninja
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea. I love the Digits. It's a real shame that it's tearing. That's why I'm looking at others that look the same, but maybe with a bit better palm. Not looking forward to needing to break in a new Digit's palm.

They're actually Fox's #1 selling glove.

·
Trail Ninja
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Timm said:
+1 on the Mechanix Gloves.

Buy a 2 pack on Ebay for dirt cheap. They are sick. Not some overpriced Fox crap.
Mechanix Gloves palms and fingers wear through too fast and the cheap ones don't offer protection. Digits cost me under $10.

·
Let the good times roll.
1,182 Posts
I say get any lightweight glove that fits you when it pops up on Chainlove. At those prices, MTB gloves can almost be treated like disposable items. Ride them for a few months 'till they die, then switch to a new pair. I got several Fox Digits and Sidewinders last year at a really nice price, and that's what I've been doing.

Andmaybe get a set of proper DH gloves for anytime you want the extra protection and don't mind warm hands.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.