Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Fox Float R shock that came w/ a Cannondale Raven Super V 900 SX (? on the SX). The owner wasn't quite sure of the year of the bike, but said it was the last Raven offered before Cannondale started selling the Jekyl model.

Also, I don't have any experience w/ air shocks, so any advice to a newbie when adjusting it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lucky13 said:
You want 1/4 of that length to be your sag (travel when you just sit on the bike). Ride around, if it's too harsh, try 1/3.
Dumb Newbie Question #1: On an air shock how to you adjust sag? Do you vary the air pressure?

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
revrnd said:
I bought a new Fox Float R shock that came w/ a Cannondale Raven Super V 900 SX (? on the SX). The owner wasn't quite sure of the year of the bike, but said it was the last Raven offered before Cannondale started selling the Jekyl model.

Also, I don't have any experience w/ air shocks, so any advice to a newbie when adjusting it?
I'm pretty sure the shock is a 1999 Vanilla Float RC. Before that, it was called an Alps. In 2000, Fox switched to the sleeve without the silver ring and just called it a Float.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.