Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Should be 2009. With prototype kit you only get to see "offical spy pics" once there ready really. Althought they have only been snapped in pics the last 6 months they will have been in development for at least a year and ridden out of sight of camera's etc.

Sram will i think be making a BIG splash at Interbike with all the new stuff. Theres plenty of it

·
Registered
136 Posts
Tiffster

Sorry about the thread hijack but you seem to be the man with all the inside info!
I know there is a thread about the 2009 Pikes already but it looks like it is only speculation!

What are they gonna do with them, sounds like the Revelations are going to become more or less like the current Pikes, any news? Are we going to see increased travel for Pikes in 2009?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The Revelation now replaces the PIke. It has 140mm travel and a Maxle. But its a bit lighter.

The pike will still be available for 2009 - there are no changes to it as it will be fazzed out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
MMM,

The boxxers here in OZ just went down $500, They where $2500 for WC. The LBS I spoke to said 09 stuff will be at the new prices with not much change. Looks like they are wrong. They also said all SRAM stuff will be cheaper across the board- must just be for here.

So will the new boxxers be the black ones with the 35mm stanchions ?

HamaNinja

·
Registered
769 Posts
specs for i think the 09's came out on bti-usa.
https://www.bti-usa.com/public/quicksearch/description/boxxer/?page=2
i don't really get it though. it says the sanctions are still 32mm, but the boxxer team is now red and the race is black so i assume they're the 09's. the race has bbss valving on it. can anyone give anymore info. price is just $10 more for the red boxxer teams so not that much more...oh new totem stuff is up also on bti.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.