Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
REALLY?
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I thought or was told I was buying a first year 91' Cyclone? But after talking to the LBS (shop owner actually) who's selling me the bike used (450.00$ complete) he told me the frame has rear cantilever brakes, so it has to be at least 93' or newer. Also, he says the frame is blue so I was hoping perhaps one of you might have an educated guess as to what year it might be (gm123126 probably knows)? Sorry no pics yet, the bike is in Washington (I'm in Ca), and I just made my first payment, and I take delivery in Nov or Dec. Thanks.

·
REALLY?
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen yours, wish I could get my hands on those Syncros forks (I know, you sold the bike). In any case your Psyclone was/is truely a custom boutique masterpiece imho.
My 92 Psyclone had u-brakes. Beyond that I'm not much help.

·
REALLY?
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, 93 sounds right on the brakes, and I believe 97 or 98 came in blue I believe (it may have been blue other years, I don't know)?

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
I've seen yours, wish I could get my hands on those Syncros forks (I know, you sold the bike). In any case your Psyclone was/is truely a custom boutique masterpiece imho.
Haha, thanks! It was a fun bike. I kinda regret selling it. Those Syncros forks were pretty stiff.

·
REALLY?
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, thanks! It was a fun bike. I kinda regret selling it. Those Syncros forks were pretty stiff.
What were the forks made out of? They look chromoly like Tange/Bontrager Switchbades. My Lightning came w/ RS Sid XC long travel, there alright, a bit tall and flexy though, me thinks I might prefer a rigid fork like the ones mentioned above, or, carbon fibre. Good luck on that, its hard to find a high end rigid fork w/ canti mounts. Why don't you buy another Psyclone, I see them pop up online now and then - hit up gm124126, he's the G.T. man w/ the connections and knowledge?

·
Banned
2,989 Posts

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.