Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
44,353 Posts
mezzanine said:
Thanks, it has the extra welding on the seat-post area but those decals are 02. Was there a lap over during these years with intense bringing out new decals mid year?
It's hard to tell in this picture but in 02' there was a fake Carbon Fiber stripe in the decal. If it doesn't have this stripe then the decals are 03'.

·
Trail Rider
914 Posts
I have a 2002 brochure...

mezzanine said:
Thanks, it has the extra welding on the seat-post area but those decals are 02. Was there a lap over during these years with intense bringing out new decals mid year?
The seat stay has a carbon fiber looking dark background. The rest of the decals look similar to the 2002 year.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
The frame and decals are 2002. 2001 frames had no tower reinforcement and the grafics were a lower profile faux carbon look. Those gray decals are 02 as is the tower support. 03's had an even larger reinforcing piece in the tower and the decals were yellow and faux carbon.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
serial number is DM29206

so that's august 2002 frame number 206

All this talk of years has confused me, like with spesh 2007 bikes out now (still in 06 year wise) does this make my frame an 03.

Sorry another question; if I am correct does this mean Intense made the tracer all the way until August 2003 which would make my Tracer a year before the last one was welded.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.