Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
136 Posts
just in a quick glance i see that in the text it says it has hydraulic disks, the bike in the pics has v-brakes. also the text says the rear shock is a rockshox, the bike in the pic has a fox shock. im sure theres more differences. don't bid on it until you send the guy a message and he corrects the texts or pics

·
(Ali)
782 Posts
AC/BC said:
Fork is backwards...[/URL]
My buddy ordered an Ibex bike and assembled it himself.

He went for a ride and called me with these observations:

- the bike was pretty nice but the steering was a little bit twitchy; is it because it's a quick handling bike?

- and why would his feet touch the front wheel? Didn't he order the recommended size for him?

Yep! :) I noticed that he had installed the fork backwards. :D :D (Actually the fork was already on the bike, but he attached the handle bar when it was pointing back!)

Ali

·
Dirt Huffer
1,755 Posts
I messaged him and here is what he had to say.

Yes the fork was switched backwards when this
photo was taken. Since I was not using this bike
for quite some time I had to dismantle the bike.
But when I decided to sell the bike I asked my
cousin to put together and take photos and put
the ad on ebay. I appreciate for bringing it up.
I apologize for the wrong posting on ebay; which
I have corrected now.

·
i call it a kaiser blade
744 Posts
putting the fork on backwards makes the bike go faster, duh.

and those are are cutting edge disc linear pull brakes.

·
Administrator
11,966 Posts
I think you are all trying a little too hard to vilify this guy.

He mentions that it is a 2002 trek fuel in both the title and his text.

He mentions that he has almost never ridden it.

He mentions that his cousin put the fork on backwards for the picture.

He notes and links to the location where the spec was taken from so it wasn't his spec.

If you can't discern that this is a non-mountain biker selling a bike he bought to try out mountain biking and then not liking mountain biking hen you probably don't belong on ebay.

caveat emptor.

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
rockcrusher said:
I think you are all trying a little too hard to vilify this guy.

He mentions that it is a 2002 trek fuel in both the title and his text.

He mentions that he has almost never ridden it.

He mentions that his cousin put the fork on backwards for the picture.

He notes and links to the location where the spec was taken from so it wasn't his spec.

If you can't discern that this is a non-mountain biker selling a bike he bought to try out mountain biking and then not liking mountain biking hen you probably don't belong on ebay.

caveat emptor.
he changed the description.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
i got to the trail the other day a bit before my riding buddy... as i pulled up i noticed the guy next to me pulling off a bike with the fork on backwards... I helped him flip it around... said he thought it was off but had seen bikes with the arch on the back (it was a low end DB) and he got it from a LBS is the sad thing... so we flipped it got it all righted and off he (well his friend) rode...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.