Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to some unforseen circumstances I no longer have my stable of Intense rides. I had an Uzzi VPX, a 6.6 and a Tazer HT. I am in the process of deciding which Intense frame to go with in the next 6 months or so as I am now only going to be able to afford one kickass ride for an all around bike. I loved my Uzzi as I want to be able to ride up as well as blaze down. I was looking at the Socom, but seeing as that is FRO, it might be out. I don't huck, I just like to go down hill fast...What does anyone out there think...It is going to take me some time to get back on track so I have time to decide. Thanks for any advice...

·
1,247 Posts
hmmm.. seems like u have ur mind set on the uzzi already?
And i'm guessing u want to stick with intense right?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Damn Sparky that sucks, you already sold the 6point6 right? I would have to say to keep the Uzzi. Do you still have the custom HT RTW made you? Ride On- E2

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just dumb luck

E2 - I kept the 6.6 and the others...I decided at that point it was not worth selling...I still have the Custom RTW hardtail frame.

To make a long long story short...My father passed away a year ago and prior to that had told me he had plenty of life insurance and his funeral was all paid for. Well in the end I found out it was not true and he had flat out lied to me. He barely had $3000 in life insurance, he owed a buttload on his house as well as racking up a huge amount of credit card debt and what other life insurance he had, he stopped paying on so he lost all of that...Pretty much he knew that he was going to pass away and really did not care what mess he left behind. So I ended up trying to pay the mortgage on the house to try to sell it to pay off the his debts with my own money. Well after 6 months of that, using my own families money, I decided to stop. Then the lawyers fees and other fees came pouring in. So I was determined not to use anymore of my families hard earned money on my fathers estate. I sold all my bikes and components to pay off the lawyers and such that handled the estate. They were the most liquid asset I could think of. My family was more important to me than the bikes and could not bear the thought of spending anymore of our money. So if there is one lesson I have learned is make sure I have enough life insurance to cover my family should I pass away.

So I loved the Uzzi but am drooling over the Socom and like I said, it is going to take me a while to get the money around to get back on an Intense. I just went to the local bike shop and bought a , GASP, Specialized hard tail to get me through until I can get my Intense.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Damn Sparky

Man I'm sorry to hear that. And don't worry about the Specialized, it's a bike and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Hell I want an intense hardtail really bad, but they seem to be nowhere in the near future, so in the meantime, I'm still rockin' a 3 year old Giant STP and to be totally honest it's the best hardtail I've ever ridden. But there's still no comparison to the quality of an Intense. Remember Sparky everything happens for a reason. Oh- here are some photos of that STP from yesterday.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks E2!!

I know everything happens for a reason, but it truly sucks going from having pretty much any Intense type ride I wanted to a Specialized P...It pretty much limits the type of riding...I too am waiting for the Intense DJ! I guess I shouldn't complain as I did have a great time with everyone of those bikes and had the opportunity to own them where as some folks may never own an Intense....I was thinking on just throwing the RTW hardtail back together with some lower end parts to get it back in action...I just seems a shame to put the low end stuff on it...

Still undecided what I want for FS though...The 6.6 SS looks awesome, but I loved the Uzzi!

Keep in touch my man! Once I get the cash Flow back you know you will be the guy I come to get it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts