Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Single Malt
958 Posts
You're a gentleman.....

....and a scholar!!!! You've already handled the situation better than I would have. If you have any communication with the shop owner, make time to tell him your whole story and give him a chance to make it right. If he does'nt do what is fair and equitable, ( in your opinion), then on to "Plan B"!!!!

·
don't move for trees
1,832 Posts
that is ridiculous. You should not have paid for the BB. As for the shop, they should at least give you a refund for all of their shotty work. Always better to do your own work sadly.

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Damn dude, you got screwed over. I never understood why they cant take the bike out the backdoor and take if for a 5 minute spin when they are done doing whatever it was they were working on.Should have just bought a new bike:p Id be pissed for sure and I can guess what shop.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think your best bet would be to get them to reimburse you for the labor. Shops are generally really hesitant to provide refunds for parts because they are out of pocket that money (not that this is right). It was poor form for them not to contact you about the price discrepancy for the bearings or the BB.

As mentioned in the original thread, check the splines on your crank very carefully. If you rode the crank loose until it fell off, chances are it is ruined. In which case I would be asking for a new one.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Did you get this resolved yet?

I would be pissed, I hate when people up the price on you after a bid. They should be able to make it right and offer a couple of free tune ups for your time and their stupidity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.