Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you do to get money for a new bike? I guess it can be multiple things or the same thing multiple times. But it can’t be actual work. Like what I should be doing now! what would bike would it be?

Please keep it short! None of us want to read a story

My bike would be a Unit SS and I would eat stuff for money to get it, but some things cost more than others to eat.
 

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
Joined
·
5,326 Posts
Save 4 it

RideOrDieDan said:
What would you do to get money for a new bike? I guess it can be multiple things or the same thing multiple times. But it can?t be actual work. Like what I should be doing now! what would bike would it be?.
I just save for it , a little here a little there, and before you know it . it's enough for
here's my bike stash, got 320+ soon to be transformed into a Banshee Scirocco Singlespeed trail bike. already got the wheels and brakes, headset, cog and cranks, fork all i need now is the frame. good to go. doesn't take long either and the wife doesn't need to know about the stash. (i know she does)

Being a graphic artist i barter my services with LBSs for bike stuff... if you consider doin' art as work, nevermind!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
credit card?

get one with a 0% intro rate or similar and pay off as much as you can
every month

RideOrDieDan said:
What would you do to get money for a new bike? I guess it can be multiple things or the same thing multiple times. But it can't be actual work. Like what I should be doing now! what would bike would it be?

Please keep it short! None of us want to read a story

My bike would be a Unit SS and I would eat stuff for money to get it, but some things cost more than others to eat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
im selling off stuff i dont use anymore, old stereo equipment, radio control cars that i was keeping as back ups for other rc cars i have, video game crap. id sell my cat if anyone wanted him hes cute and all but hes become a royal pain in my arse, he beats my dog up all the time and i cant sleep at night cause all i hear is the dog whinning and the cat screaming
 

·
Yes, that's fonetic
Joined
·
3,893 Posts
"
RideOrDieDan said:
But it can't be actual work. Like what I should be doing now! what would bike would it be?"

Huh? :confused:

"Please keep it short! None of us want to read a story "

But we all want to hear about your 'eating for money' scheme. :rolleyes:

"My bike would be a Unit SS and I would eat stuff for money to get it, but some things cost more than others to eat.
"

Guess you could try to get on "Fear Factor" and eat walrus placentas or something. :D
 

·
Not because I'm fast.....
Joined
·
748 Posts
You have to work, here is a tip

Lots of people like road bikes and road bike components from the past (10-20-30years ago). Hit the thrift stores, garage sales, swap meets and pick up as many inexpensive lugged steel road bikes as you can. Look for ones in good shape with recognizable brands. Clean and tune them up and sell them on Ebay. When living in SoCal I did this for two months and made about $1600 for my SS bike. A lot of the bikes you can pick up for $25 or less and depending on the brand, etc. can sell for up to $200 sometimes. It's work, but since I love bikes I got some enjoyment out of it too.
 

·
Penis Goat!
Joined
·
806 Posts
The easiest thing is to work - why are you dead set against that? You're not too young, are you just lazy?

I like the saving idea. Put money in a jar, then put it in a savings account to earn some interest on the money.

Taking out a credit card is a stupid idea.

I've always disliked threads like this. What are you expecting, some magic way to get rich quickly? Just work and save your money like everybody else does! I don't really care if you can't afford a new bike now. Judging from your profile, you have a decent one already - so what's the story?
 

·
err, 27.5+
Joined
·
4,928 Posts
man ho baby, only way to make a quick buck ;)

I usually do a combination of
1. Selling anything that I am not currently using
2. Saving
3. begging
4. borrowing

Most of the time I get by on 1&2
 

·
Currently in Exile
Joined
·
2,303 Posts
GirchyGirchy said:
Taking out a credit card is a stupid idea.
Amen to that! I was awakened this morning to a call from a credit collection agency. Some poor dude that I share a name with is way overdue on his CC. I have to spend the next 20 minutes explaining/proving that I am NOT that guy. I have never even had a CC from that company. My guess is that they just did a people search on Yahoo and came up with my number. I will be checking my credit report to make sure that this "account" doesn't somehow migrate over to me. I know that the things are actually attatched to your SS#, but I have seen instances where a father and son with the same name got confused and things from both persons end up on one of their credit reports. This being a stranger would be a stretch, but I would rather be safe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
GirchyGirchy said:
The easiest thing is to work - why are you dead set against that? You're not too young, are you just lazy?

I like the saving idea. Put money in a jar, then put it in a savings account to earn some interest on the money.

Taking out a credit card is a stupid idea.

I've always disliked threads like this. What are you expecting, some magic way to get rich quickly? Just work and save your money like everybody else does! I don't really care if you can't afford a new bike now. Judging from your profile, you have a decent one already - so what's the story?
its called a fun "what if". what would i do if i were rich? how could i get rich? etc. at least fun for some people. i get such a kick out of all the winers on this site. this thread doesn't belong here. i don't like this thread. my mommy stopped letting me breast feed at 5. bla bla bla. feel free to shut up and move on. ooh yea. save my pennies in a jar. almost as exciting as winning the lottery. i get so irritated at all the credit card applications in the mail. i say get as many credit cards as you can. then max them all out on the same day. leave town.
 

·
-arschloch-
Joined
·
867 Posts
dirtdonk said:
its called a fun "what if". what would i do if i were rich? how could i get rich? etc. at least fun for some people. i get such a kick out of all the winers on this site. this thread doesn't belong here. i don't like this thread. my mommy stopped letting me breast feed at 5. bla bla bla. feel free to shut up and move on. ooh yea. save my pennies in a jar. almost as exciting as winning the lottery. i get so irritated at all the credit card applications in the mail. i say get as many credit cards as you can. then max them all out on the same day. leave town.
yeah i think some people may have taken the OP's question too seriously.

on the less serious note: a friend of my sold his hair in brazil this winter. he had super long (middle of his back) and super straight blond hair. he got a pile of cash for it, but i think saving pennies might've been faster in the end. especially for the rogaine crowd. :p
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top