Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I cracked my 2002 bullit front triangle a month or so ago and I got a 2005 model. The 05 model has been slightly changed. I can now get 7 inches of travel and on my older frame I used to get 6. I installed a bigger shock and now get 7 inches. Before installing the bigger shock I had the small one on and the bike felt great. The BB feels really really high and the head angle is not as slack with the new shock. My friend was holding my bike and his bike next to each other and I could easily notice that the head angle on his bike was a lot slacker. The BB used to feel kinda high even when I had the frame but with the new frame and old shock it feels pretty good. Would you guys keep the bigger shock and get the extra inch or use the smaller shock and get a lower BB and a slacker head angle?

I do DH by the way

·
Registered
465 Posts
What shock is on it now? And before? Maybe get a lighter spring, and bump up your bottom-out resistance. Then you could settle into that extra 1 inch, and still have good geo. (I don't know if that is really feasible, but it seems alright to me)

·
Registered
706 Posts
igotbanned said:
What shock is on it now? And before? Maybe get a lighter spring, and bump up your bottom-out resistance. Then you could settle into that extra 1 inch, and still have good geo. (I don't know if that is really feasible, but it seems alright to me)
That's what I was going to say. Make sure you aren't riding too high in the travel with the longer shock. If your sag is right and it's still too tall then DEFINITELY rock the shorter shock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.