Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been upgrading my bike (29er voodoo canzo). i have $375 and the only things left to change are

crankset- truvativ firex 3.3
fd- shimano lx
rd- sram x7
shifter- sram x7
brakes- bb7
cassette- shimano HG50

what would you change first???

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
digit3 said:
Um, four seasons on a 29er under my belt my friend. None of them with gears. I could climb a tree with a 28T :D

Suck it up and use your legs.
32/20 on my SS 29er here too over the past 4 years (at least one of which where SS was my ONLY bike), but I still wold not want to run a geared 29er with a 28T max DA cassette (which is what I thought you were meaning).

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I WAS suggesting to the OP that he could lighten up his ride by going to the 28T down from a 34T on the cassette. I would think that this should give most anyone enough gear to get up a steep hill (24-28 seems like a mighty spinny gear to me).

·
Registered
125 Posts
The OP was looking for ways to shave weight given a limited budget. I suggested going with a smaller cassette so as to accomplish such. No idea what conditions the OP is riding in, that doesn't factor into my advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.