Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I need people's opinion's on a 2 day single speed only event.
We are looking to have a 2 day's of racing. Would you like to see 2 long point to point loop's? Or 5 event's consisting of a time trial, downhill, hill climb,and a tecnical skill section taking place on day one, Then a point 2 point or laped XC race on day 2?

Local or National sanction's?

Offer food? What would you like to have offered?

What would you like to see within the camping ground's?

Indoor or outdoor entertainment after hour's?

Please give all the input you can. I greatly appreciate all you can offer.

·
Registered
961 Posts
beer

rigidracer said:
Hello All,

I need people's opinion's on a 2 day single speed only event.
We are looking to have a 2 day's of racing. Would you like to see 2 long point to point loop's? Or 5 event's consisting of a time trial, downhill, hill climb,and a tecnical skill section taking place on day one, Then a point 2 point or laped XC race on day 2?

Local or National sanction's?

Offer food? What would you like to have offered?

What would you like to see within the camping ground's?

Indoor or outdoor entertainment after hour's?

Please give all the input you can. I greatly appreciate all you can offer.
Well if you want SS'ers from Flagstaff to consider attending, have plenty of cold beer:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beer is a must, That's the only way my wife and her girl's will attened. We are going to talk to some people with some beer pull.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The beer is a no brainer.
The lodge will allow us one large pit fire, no personal fire's. That being said. I will go to them about contained community grill's for folk's who want to grill there own food. Maybe in the area of the pit.
We are also going to touch base with the lodge on prepared food in there facility. I'm not sure what they serve. It's a country enviorment,I just took a look @ there flyer and it state's BBQ. I'm sure grill-able's would not be to much of a problem if we want to go that way.
The DJ, We are going to look into band's. The facility has indoor and outdoor stage hook up's. There outdoor concert facility hold's 8000. If we can't put band's together, what would be an appropriate choice of music for the masses?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Day 1 a point to point and Day 2 a shorter circuit course for team relay

edit: although a hill climb even does sound interesting to watch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would you like to see shop tent's offering SS stuff? Or do most SSers' have what they need to race and ride. Personally I could alway's use spare part's.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank's for the reply. The team relay would be cool but tough. I think there are to many inpendant SSers' out there for a team relay. I am going to put that in my bag of trick's. If it can happen we will put it out there.

Thank's again for the reply. Keep them coming.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don'r know about the poker run. I heard of it but don't know a lic about putting one together.please tell me more about a poker run.Thanks alot.

·
Registered
539 Posts
rigidracer said:
I don'r know about the poker run. I heard of it but don't know a lic about putting one together.please tell me more about a poker run.Thanks alot.

poker runs are done alot up here in Maine but on atvs and motorcycles. i don't see why you could not do one on a bike.... all you need is a fairly large course where you could have 5 or so stops. at each stop there is a person or people with decks of cards you give each rider one card and the one with the best hand at the end of the shindig wins. if there was a tie or something you could always settle it with longest track stand.... who knows maybe the winner would win that and the world record for longest track stand. after all according to guinness book its only 21 seconds....

·
Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
2,419 Posts
nickcarll said:
poker runs are done alot up here in Maine but on atvs and motorcycles. i don't see why you could not do one on a bike.... all you need is a fairly large course where you could have 5 or so stops. at each stop there is a person or people with decks of cards you give each rider one card and the one with the best hand at the end of the shindig wins. if there was a tie or something you could always settle it with longest track stand.... who knows maybe the winner would win that and the world record for longest track stand. after all according to guinness book its only 21 seconds....
only 21 seconds? i think i've beat that, and i have horrible balance!

They do MTB poker runs out here occasionally. Apparently it's good fun, and they have decent turnouts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The poker run sound's like real fun. Track stand tie breaker is also a great idea.Now were rolling. Untill all is a go, I really can't state the place in which this event is going to take place. I can tell you that we are in RI. A couple minute's off RT 95. Races' from time past have been here. There will be camping onsite in the lower field. No power hook up down in the lower field but campers can be driven in with no problem. There is a RV and Tent park across the street that offer's power to camper's. for a small fee. Good food that's easy on the pocket is a must. Next time I touch base with the land owner's I will get a better picture on what they will offer for prepared food from the lodge/hall. Did I mention pin ball machine and arcaid game's in the lodge. Beer is also on the list.
Thank's a ton folk's. keep them rolling my way. I hope some of you folk's can make it to this gig. We are planning for this time next year.

Thanks again
rigidracer from Rhode Island

·
Registered
539 Posts
rigidracer said:
The poker run sound's like real fun. Track stand tie breaker is also a great idea.Now were rolling. Untill all is a go, I really can't state the place in which this event is going to take place. I can tell you that we are in RI. A couple minute's off RT 95. Races' from time past have been here. There will be camping onsite in the lower field. No power hook up down in the lower field but campers can be driven in with no problem. There is a RV and Tent park across the street that offer's power to camper's. for a small fee. Good food that's easy on the pocket is a must. Next time I touch base with the land owner's I will get a better picture on what they will offer for prepared food from the lodge/hall. Did I mention pin ball machine and arcaid game's in the lodge. Beer is also on the list.
Thank's a ton folk's. keep them rolling my way. I hope some of you folk's can make it to this gig. We are planning for this time next year.

Thanks again
rigidracer from Rhode Island

rhode island??? i think there may be road trip in order get me posted....

only 21 seconds? i think i've beat that, and i have horrible balance!

They do MTB poker runs out here occasionally. Apparently it's good fun, and they have decent turnouts.

nitro circus the show on mtv with travis pastrana they did world record all kinds of stupid ones one of them being track stands it was like 21 seconds

1 - 20 of 30 Posts