Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My work buddy stopped by my office today to ask about getting a bike. I ride a ton of miles a year. The trouble is he weighs 300 pounds and is about 5'2"

what sort of bike can he buy and would he need anything special?

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
dirt jump or freeride bike

slaing said:
My work buddy stopped by my office today to ask about getting a bike. I ride a ton of miles a year. The trouble is he weighs 300 pounds and is about 5'2"

what sort of bike can he buy and would he need anything special?
He'll need a heavy duty bike, like a dirt jump Specilaized P2, or for full suspension a Kona Coiler (if there are coil forks and shock spings heavy enough). A quality air fork may work better such as a Marzocchi, especially if it accepts coils too for coil+air assist. Also use freeride or DH quality wheels with tires at least 800 grams. Maybe a DH seat and be sure the stem and bars are DH quality. He should test ride whatever he gets for fit.

Thats cool he wants to ride. It could add many years and a greater quality to his life. Don't kill his enthusiasm by doing much, if any, climbing on his first ride.

- ray

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.