Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's

Currently got the standard bars which came with the bike (bike Commencal Super 4 Carbon).

The bars are Easton MonkeyLite XC low-rise bars SL which I think are pretty good bars but being 6'6" tall and broad shouldered I think i could do with a wider bar more like a light DH bar with a bigger rise maybe.

Want to keep the bars light, also want carbon, any ideas?

:thumbsup:

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
wollow007 said:
Hi Guy's

Currently got the standard bars which came with the bike (bike Commencal Super 4 Carbon).

The bars are Easton MonkeyLite XC low-rise bars SL which I think are pretty good bars but being 6'6" tall and broad shouldered I think i could do with a wider bar more like a light DH bar with a bigger rise maybe.

Want to keep the bars light, also want carbon, any ideas?

:thumbsup:
(Psst, newb! Over here!) I'll give you a suggestion so other guys don't burn you too badly for being a newb. Use the search function before you post questions like these; it saves everyone time.

As for handlbar width, that's one of those personal issues that are different for everyone. For me, the compact drops on the road bike and the 24" bars on my mtb are more than fine, but some people like bars that are way wider. Go to the LBS, see about trying out a few different bars, and choose the ones that you like best. Handlebar taste is one acquired after a while of riding. Needless to say, if you cut the bars to width, you can't return them. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.