Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding along today, and noticed that the axel on my rear hub was bent. This lead to my cassette rubbing on my spokes, and in the end a disaster. I currently have Nuke Proof Ti hubs laced to Sun 0 Degree Lite rims, and the rear is fried right now (I got 6 years out of them, so I guess that is pretty good). I'm looking for something to replace them with, and here is what I am considering:

Sun Ringle RPM Lite wheelset-I found them at Supergo for $199 a set
Cane Creek Aero Heat-$269 at Nashbar
Shimano XTR M950 laced to X517s-$284 at Online Bikesource

I would like to keep it as inexpensive as possible, but I still want something cool. What does anyone think about these choices? I am well aware that the XTRs are bombproof, and are probably the smart choice, but I just think the other choices look cool! Also, the Suns at $199 are a pretty good deal. What do you think?
-Dan

·
255 Posts
Did you pick a wheelset yet? I am trying to make pretty much the same choice and am leaning towards the Cane Creeks. I like the Chrono design and their customer service seems to be A+ if they raise any issues. The only dislikes I have are the straight gauge spokes. I also have a lingering affinity for the Ringle hubs on the RPM Lites. Ringle was originally located in Trenton, NJ, near where I first started mountain biking, and I really liked their early designs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts