Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently i have a 400lbs. spring on my manitou swinger 3-way for my big hit comp, and it is feeling way to soft of the bigger drops. what weight do you guys run? and wut would u recommend for someone doing drops around 10ft. and "agressive freeriding"?

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
bhamrider22 said:
currently i have a 400lbs. spring on my manitou swinger 3-way for my big hit comp, and it is feeling way to soft of the bigger drops. what weight do you guys run? and wut would u recommend for someone doing drops around 10ft. and "agressive freeriding"?
mine came with a 450, (large frame) how much do you wiegh.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
bhamrider22 said:
mines a medium frame, i weigh 145
at that weight, you should be ok, you can put up to 175 psi in the shock and set the pre-load a little more, but snice your not that heavy I would think the 450 might be to heavy a spring, (IMO).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are u sure 400lbs. is good for 10' and higher drops?? the guy at my LBS said today that i should get a 500lbs.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
bhamrider22 said:
are u sure 400lbs. is good for 10' and higher drops?? the guy at my LBS said today that i should get a 500lbs.
well it depends on the shock, manatau has different spring weights than fox does, Im just going by what my freind rides, one of my buddies rides a med. and does all the same stunts, drops, and goes even bigger than me and he has never complaned and has the stock spring, but like I stated, there are other adjustments than changing the spring, if that doesnt work, by all means get a heavier one, they are pretty cheap.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zachdank said:
i rock an 800. :D
well since im just as good as you i might as well get an 800.....

jk :D

but yah i think im getting a 500 or 550 cuz im goin to north shore and want it runnin well for up thur

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.