Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a lark i just got a gopro hd hero 960 video camera which i think will be fun to use on bike rides and other stuff...but am wondering what software you guys and gals use to edit videos. i use lightroom and elements from adobe for still image processing, but really have no idea what i should use for basic video editing. thanks in advance, you will be stuck seeing my early attempts soon!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you want to stick with something basic that has the bare minimum features, I would recommend Windows Live Movie Maker 1011 (free). If you are familiar with Adobe products then the latest version of Premier CS 5.5 is probably the way to go especially since it seems to be better than the most recent version of Final Cut Pro.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you quite clued up on lightroom and elements, i'll suggest you give Premiere Elements, because you be used to the way the Adobe products are layed out and how they work, Otherwise Sony Vegas is a good bet, I use it with great results and it is easy to use and understand.

·
Moose Member
2,195 Posts
I started out on windows movie maker, but found after a bit that it was holding me back, so then i upgraded to Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10.0 Projects, but when i use a camcorder that shoots MOD files, I have to convert them in PowerDirector 9, and i do a lot of my SloMo shots in PowerDirector because it makes them pretty darn smooth.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.