Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think it's a 2008 Vertex 50, I was gonna get one but I was too late for the red one - the 2009 was black and white with no maple leaves IIRC. As the '50' is missing it might be an SE frame?

I'm sure Rockyuphill will be along soon with the correct answer!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey the seller got back to me, he never told me the year, but he said this bike is a custom paint job from rocky mountain, well not custom, but he said its about the same as a vertex 30 frame.

But more problems with this bike that is on its way to me:

I bought a new Rocky Mountain frame which was $300.00 US which is 200.00 pounds.

But this was only for shipping inside canada, and as my dad was coming here next month I asked for it to be deilvered to him and he was going to bring it on the plane as a gift, which I would not pay customs for.

But the shop on ebay, forgot to read the instructions and they are now shipping to me here in the UK, which from what I gather its going to be about 80.00 quid in customs and charges.

The sellers response was, sorry we wont charge you the additional postage as it was our error. Shocked Really shocked, because, if even if the delivery was originally 60.00 quid to here anyway, I still would not have paid, because of the customs, and my dad coming here anyway.

What do you think I should do? I have told the seller to go halfs on the charges, but I imagine he will refuse.

What would you do, refuse delivery and have a stand off with the seller? I have spoke to him on the phone in canada, and he seems nice, but I dont think they will pay for these customs charges, due to their error

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no idea why RM would just run off a batch like this.

The guy says its like a Vertex 30, and from your pic, the red is not were the BB is.

Maybe they ran off a few testers and didnt run with the colour so sold them off.

In that case love the one of a kind thing, My frame is now in PA, so maybe next week it will land in the UK with not too much duty.

Going to get some sweet Reba Team white and red forks, and sell my Fox F100RL.

I cant see one pic of this bike anywere. Which is a good thing, I know its genuine, because the guy that sold it to me, appears to be a well known frame seller.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My best guess is that this is a warranty replacement frame that we painted with the plain Vertex decal. Once you receive the frame send me a PM with the serial number and I should be able to provide some more details.

·
...i'm just big boned
11 Posts
If memory serves... the Vertex 10,30, 50, 70 bikes from '08 all used the same frame!

I own a Vertex 30 from '08.

JPHcross could verify.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That is correct.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts