Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
GoGoGordo said:
Anyone know whats up with the sign.
It looks like it was vandalized.:confused:
Damn, I hope not. That sign was a work of art. Hope it's just being repaired or something...

-slide

·
Registered
499 Posts
It's been that way for about a month...

from the chunks taken out of the wooden trim/stops I figured vandals at work.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The kiosk has experienced extensive and repeated vandalism. Repairs are under way. The "bike parts" sign is safe and sound.
Anyone who has seen anything suspicious, should please report it to the Scouts marin office.

·
YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thank you for the response BTCMinfo.
I Was worried about that sweet sign but am glad it's in good hands.
This is BS that someone(s) would mess with this sign.
Makes me think it might be another "user group", kids, ******** and who knows who ;)
Just hope it wasn't one of our own.
Anyhoo, will keep an eye out for vandals and will reprimand accordingly.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
^haha that's a good picture!

I was there last weekend for the first time and there was no sign. I guess knowing there's a sign there in the first place would've helped though.

:)

·
Uncle
4,329 Posts
I'm thinking bored kids. I used to do that kind of crap occasionally when I was bored, though we never walked, drove or rode up a fairly steep hill to do so. Hmmm... maybe a disgruntled neighbor?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Damn terrorist squirrels!...or,

it could be disgruntled neighbors who don't seem to like bikes bombing down the road back to town. Last time I was there some man told me to slow down, I was already on my brakes and looked down to see my speed was only 15 mph. He was walking his dog (off leash) and seemed a little ticked off in general. 15mph is pretty slow on a bike going downhill, but may seem fast to someone walking.

·
In Search of Singletrack
120 Posts
It has been this way for weeks. Whoever did it really put some energy into the vandalisim, even managing to break some of the large bench logs and throwing them around

·
WWYD?
1,603 Posts
I think one of the neighbors did it. Them folks on Iron Springs road are getting fed up with cyclists speeding down the hill and as do the people who walk up the road in the morning.

It may not be any members here, but on the weekend lookout! I live near 'rancho but I don't like riding on the weekend anymore because of the crowded trails and the rude, non-cooperative spirit of a LOT of the riders. If you want to speed go up the B-17 to San Geronimo Ridge and down to Sir Francis Drake for a speed run (40 mph!)

Not to give hikers any ideas, but they used to spread out the gravel and place rocks in obvious spots just to mess with the riders.

Never going to win favor this way.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Noticed the sign vandalized when I rode there this week. Sad to see folks doing that. Who knows who did it. Might be anyone. Look at the idiot over at San Pedro / China Camp that ran wire across the trail. There are NIMBYs of all types and against so many things. Why is the bay area so full of nazi extremists? Crazy because it would be so easy to just share and have fun with the resources we have.

·
NATE CORE
250 Posts
Thats a bummer. In Santa Barbara a**holes run wire neck high across trails. I've also found short pieces of rebar poking out of trails on downhill sections pointing up hill. They better hope that they don't get caught. Im going to ride Tamarancho in Oct. I've heard good things about it.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
hanskellner said:
Why is the bay area so full of nazi extremists?
Because it is the epicenter of the ME ME ME movement?

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but a lot of people here are incredibly self-centered and selfish, and have this odd belief that they are never wrong.

/rant off/

·
Registered
306 Posts
I actually helped the guy take the sign down

I was finishing up my ride, and an employee (or volunteer) of the boy scout camp was taking down the side. He said there had been vandalism to the kiosk (he thought he knew who it was-sounded like an angry local), and he did not want someone to break the sign. He needed another set of hands, and we took it down pretty quickly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
man it just sucks when some people just can leave well enough alone..... in the immortal words of Bugs Bunny..... "I hope they know.... THIS MEANS WAR!"

tamarancho is a wonderful place if anyone sees any piss-ant mfers' screwing with those trails get looney toones on their ass!

·
Master of '80s BMX tricks
1,075 Posts
Yosemite Sam Says...

peitro said:
...tamarancho is a wonderful place if anyone sees any piss-ant mfers' screwing with those trails get looney toones on their ass!

"If I catch them ornery varmaints, They better say their prayers 'cuz, I'm a-gonna blow them to smithereenies!
I'll grind them into mince meat!"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts