Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a flat yesterday while riding a tech trail. I was running Kenda Freeride tubes. With my saint stuff, it's a pain in the ass to take the rear wheel off. I don't want to run full on DH tubes, because I ride trails and DH on this bike. I still need to be able to grind up long climbs. Can any recommend a good FR tube, something under 400grams, but still burly enough to avoid pinch flats. Oh I have mavic 729 rims and run kenda sticky 2.6 tires.

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
gazza dh though considering tubeless

·
Registered
812 Posts
Red Bull said:
Umm, i read the website, but cant derive any info on what exactly they are. I realize they are people against tubless, but...
The page is a joke, dude. They are just making fun of Stan's and the problems that go with them. Personally I think that running stan's is well worth it.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
Red Bull said:
Umm, i read the website, but cant derive any info on what exactly they are. I realize they are people against tubless, but...
I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

Hint:

"Q: How much weight do you save using Oliver's Yes Tubes?

A: That varies by application, but in our experience the wait savings would have been many minutes, if not hours, if our riding buddies had been using Oliver's Yes Tube system."

The site is BS, made by mtbr's own Pete.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
konabiker said:
I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

Hint:

"Q: How much weight do you save using Oliver's Yes Tubes?

A: That varies by application, but in our experience the wait savings would have been many minutes, if not hours, if our riding buddies had been using Oliver's Yes Tube system."

The site is BS, made by mtbr's own Pete.
I came to that conclusion when i saw http://www.yestubes.com/contact.htm "OYT, inc.World Headquarters and Juice bar."

I've been punked!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.